Chapter 18 - Faint

Addison's POV

I was hugging my poor mother tightly, my hand rubbing her back in a soothing manner. I knew her fangs were very close to my neck, but she wasn't going to bite me. "I can't do it..." she said out loud instead of in her mind. I looked over to my sister, who was groaning in pain. "I...I'm alright, sis. Just a little sore..." she told me before Beth came rushing into the room. 

My mother then turned her head around slowly, to see what she had done. She was coming out of it now. Why do I suddenly feel so exhausted? 

"What have I done?" my mother asked herself once again out loud. She then let go of me as she stumbled her way over to Natasha and Beth. My own mate then sped towards me, catching me in time as I collapsed onto the floor. "You are safe in my arms, my little flower. Don't worry..." she spoke to me as my eyes started to close, falling into a very deep sleep. 

A few days later, I opened my eyes slowly. I was completely alone...with a beeping machine next to me. I turned my head to look at it, seeing that it was just a heart monitor. I thought I had died, honestly. I wasn't in a hospital since there wasn't any at the moment due to the war and all that fucked up shit. I was about to get up from the bed before the door opened to reveal my mate who was rather excited to see me. But I wasn't. I still didn't completely trust her...

"Where's my mother?" I asked her which made her frown at my question. "Don't you dare make that face to me and not answer. Come on. Where is she?" I asked her again. 

"She is in a coma, my little flower. When she saw that you passed out, she said that she couldn't see and down she went. She hit her head pretty hard against the dining chair too..." Vanessa replied before tears started to flow down my cheeks. She immediately came to my side, wrapping her arms around me tightly, pulling out the cable to the heart monitor at the same time. "It's perfectly fine to cry, my beautiful flower. It's okay..." she cooed, pressing her lips against my cheek.

I took my time to slowly hug her back, only to cry harder. "This is my fault..." I cried into her shoulder. "No it isn't. Who told you that?" she asked me, pulling away to wipe my tears with her thumbs. "I don't fucking know even more..." I replied. I wanted to drown in my own tears so they just kept on flowing down, getting the bed sheets wet. 

"You need something sweet. I will be right back." Vanessa told me before she sped away for a few seconds, until she returned with a small vanilla cupcake. "Here you go, my little flower. Take a bite out of it." she offered to me before I grabbed the cupcake and took a bite out of it, only to realise that it had something in it that stopped my tears as I immediately felt good again. 

I took another bite out of it and another, before it was all gone into my happy stomach. "Was there something in the cupcake that I just ate?" I asked her before she giggled, shaking her head as a no. "Not at all, my little flower. It was just the magic of the sweet icing." she told me before our lips met in a soft kiss. 

We then pulled away from each other, as I was given some time to breathe. "Now, my little flower. I must tell you something." 

"Yeah? What about?" 

"The blood moon is near." 

"How near?" 

"Near enough to make me lustful towards you. So you better hide when it's time."