Chapter 4 - Betrayal Or Fear?...

// Hold on a few seconds, before you start reading, I would like to say a huge thank you to my loyal readers. I never thought I would get so many reads in literally just a couple of hours of publishing the prologue AND the chapters. Maybe this is the start of me becoming actually famous? Anyway, this chapter and chapter five is going to be published at the same time because it is actually a two part-er. You will see why. ENJOY! <3 

Addison's POV

It has then been a couple of days since the incident with my sister, Natasha. I miss her so fucking much...but I knew she was safe and sound up there, with our deceased parents. My friendship with Jordan has increased, so we were most likely pretty good friends as we carried on chatting away together, ignoring the time as it was midnight, where all the monsters known as the vampires sneak around...hopefully that won't happen.

"Do you think we will make peace with the vampires, one day?" Jordan asked me with some sadness in her tone while she was sharpening her weapon which was of course, a stake. Cause you know, we were hunters.

"What do you mean?" I asked back, leaning forward in a rather old chair. "I want us to make peace. I am getting tired of fighting, Addison.  I feel like I am losing myself completely to a dark side of me." she began to tell me which made me stand up and walk over to her. "Hey, look at me." I ordered her, which made her stop sharpening her stake and slowly looked up at me with some tears forming in her eyes. 

"Once we have killed the Queen, we will be free. We will be free from those invisible chains. We will be able to live normally. Am I right?" I asked her. 

She then hesitated before she slowly began to nod. "Y...Yeah, you are right. Sorry for bringing it up." she replied to me, also apologising at the same time. Then, I grabbed her wrist before I used the last bit of strength that I had in me, I forcefully stood her up from the heavy truck tire that she was sitting on, making her drop her stake and the blunt knife. "What the fuck, Addison?! I said you were right!" she shouted which made my heart skip a beat. I hated being shouted at, even by my sister who was most likely dead or being used by those bastards.

"I know we are both extremely exhausted, but we will be stronger once we had some much needed rest. You don't need to apologise for bringing it up about us making peace with the vampires. Guess what? There is no peace! Not now! Not ever!"

"But..."

"No buts, Jordan! Once we have killed the Queen...we will be unstoppable. Do you understand me more now?" I asked her before I pushed her back down, making her groan loudly when her ass made a impact with the tire. 

I let out a deep sigh, face palming at how difficult that had to be. I never knew Jordan could be so...idiotic! Just about I was to go and pick up my sleeping bag so I can sleep somewhere else, away from the big idiot...I felt her tackle me to the ground, pinning me down onto the old wooden floor, using her heel of her foot to keep me down. 

"JORDAN!" I growled at her, trying to get back up but she wasn't having it as she pushed down harder which made me let out a pained groan, so I had to stay down. "You should really listen to yourself sometimes, Addison. You can really be a huge bitch." she said to me before my hand started to reach for the blunted knife. 

But, she kicked the knife as soon as I touched the end...

"I think you need to cool down..." she began to say to me until we heard a very loud hiss, loud enough to make the entire building shake. 

"Oh great. Now look what you have done. The vampires are here..."

"STEP AWAY FROM MY MATE!" a unexpected voice shrieked.

Then, I heard a gunshot as soon as I felt Jordan make one simple move by moving her foot off me. Finally! I could make a move myself! But, I only heard some clicking of some heels as I was trying to crawl away from this mess...

"What did you say, your majesty?" I heard a female voice ask which didn't belong to my sister, otherwise I would have gone ballistic...

"Do me a favour and shut the fuck up, Alexandra." the Queen ordered, before I felt her eyes lay on me. I then went to sleep...