Chapter 6 - Angry Queen

// I am taking a break from publishing chapters due to family reasons. It's not about coronavirus, it's about epilepsy. I'm not going into further detail and I'm sorry if this chapter wasn't that good as you thought it would.

Vanessa's POV

I was simply walking down the hallway, carrying Addison's forbidden necklace in my hand before I suddenly started to find myself baring my fangs at some rather offensive words being spoken somewhere close by. Oh if only I knew where the voices were coming from...

"Our Queen can't possibly have a mate. She is a woman! A dirty, vile hunter!" 

"Yeah, I thought she was straight too." 

"Yeah, and a loner...-"

I then let out a loud hiss before I went and kicked the door down with pure ease as I was the strongest vampire in my kingdom. "Who the fuck said I can't have a mate because she is a woman and a dirty vile hunter?!" I asked, raising my voice at them. It was rather a small group of girls and I was glad that Alexandra wasn't in this meeting, otherwise I would have killed her on the spot. 

I looked around to see that a hand was slowly being raised up from a corner. I slowly began to make my way over to the person, who was one of my first ever servants from centuries ago. I turned her when she got abandoned in a care home and that was a true story. Her name was Joanne. 

"Well well well, do you know what this means?" I asked her before she shook her head. "Really? I thought you knew what would happen if someone disrespects me. Okay then. Let me remind you..." I began to tell her before I grabbed her throat, lifting her up from the floor. 

I started to hear her choke, seeing that she was becoming weak anyway. I didn't know why, but I just didn't care. "You shall be tortured in my cellar." I whispered to her. "T...T...Tortured?" she choked out, before I brought her up higher before throwing her across to the other side of the room. The rest of the group were already out, seeing that their friend was going to be badly punished. "Stop, please!..." she begged me while her nose began to bleed a little. 

I realised that I still had Addison's necklace which made me smile evilly at my target. This was going to be fun to watch. When Joanne lifted her head up to stare at me with her pleading sad red eyes, I walked over to her. I began to play with the chain of the necklace, humming at my target before I threw the necklace into her open mouth; just about she was to beg me further...

She then started to scream in agony at the top of her lungs as her system was being overloaded by the silver reacting with her stomach. A few seconds later, her body burst into ash. 

"I am the Scarlet Queen." I told the ashes before I brushed the skirt of my red, daring dress and then I left the room, leaving it to be dealt with by my maids. 

Nobody shall disrespect me or my mate ever again from this little 'incident'.