Chapter 15 - Protecting Her Queen

Addison's POV

Once I watched Vanessa close her eyes to rest after her breakdown, I decided to help her onto the bed so I could see what damage she has done to herself. "Addison! I didn't raise you to be with a vampire!" My mother began to yell at me. I didn't even realise that she found me here so quickly. I bit down on my lip as I groaned slightly while I lifted Vanessa up onto the bed, ignoring my mother. Vanessa had a lot of explaining to do because I thought she had actually killed her when I saw her unconscious form laying next to the throne. I was so confused by all of this...

After I brought Vanessa onto the bed, I began to take off her gigantic burgundy dress so I could see her back. "Addison!" 

"Mum, leave her alone with her mate. She needs her more than anything right now." I heard my soft sister talk to her, but it only got a bit worse. "Mate? No. I don't believe that for a single second. I didn't raise her to be with a vampire and I certainly didn't raise you to be with one either!" my very angry mother hissed, before I heard her footsteps begin to walk out of the room. Was she being taken away? I didn't know as I was so focused on making sure that Vanessa was alright. The Queen of Blood. Fuck...

Then, I heard a small knock on the door which made me turn my head to look at a woman which was about 10 years older than me. "If you are the nurse, I can handle this myself." I told her in a rather deep tone. "You are her mate, aren't you?" she asked me before I started to breathe heavily at that word. I then finally slowly nodded. 

"Let me help you, please." she then started to say, walking towards the bed slowly while she was raising her hands in the air. "I know you want to protect her but I just need to make sure...-"

"Get out." I then found myself ordering the so-called nurse. She was quite pathetic at her job. Raising her hands at me wasn't going to do much good. I was only a fucking human and she was...also a human? I couldn't properly tell. 

"Do you want me to tell you what to do?" she then offered me. I began to growl at her from the back of my throat. "Okay okay. I get it. I really do. If you need me, I will be around...-"

"I don't need anyone to help me. I am fine on my own. Get the fuck out of the room and leave us." I ordered her once more. Then with that, I watched her hurry out. Good riddance. 

I took a deep breath before breathing out immediately. I wish I had some sort of power to make the door close on its own. "Stay calm, Addison...and protect your Queen." I whispered to myself before I continued to take off the dress that she was wearing. Her back then was revealed a minute later of loosing the knots. 

"Oh, my Queen..." I whispered. Her back was covered in her blood, but the wounds have healed. Looks like all I have to do is to grab a small towel to clean the blood off. I slowly got off the bed and walked to the bathroom. I grabbed a small towel before putting it in the sink, turning on the hot water tap. I had to make sure that it wasn't too hot as I was scared that I would wake her up. Why was I doing this?

A few seconds later, I squeezed out the water before making my way back over to Vanessa, who was still asleep. I thought vampires don't sleep as much. Apparently they do. 

I took another small deep breath before I started to wipe the blood off Vanessa's back. Once I was done with that, I took the dirty cloth and washed it. I stared at my reflection the entire time as I was washing the cloth. Why was I still doing this? I hated those blood suckers. But I loved the Queen of Blood. The one who started the war which lasted for a couple of fucking weeks.

I blinked a few times to get out of the trance that I was in before I hanged the cloth up on the shower rail to dry. Afterwards, I finally went to close the door. "Gently does it..." I said quietly to the door as it closed. Good...

It has then been a hour since Vanessa had her moment. How time flies when you are taking care of your loved one. 

I turned around to check if she was awake and indeed she was. She moved herself to be under the bed covers. "I don't think I never felt this lucky before." she told me, her purple eyes glowing at me. I couldn't help it but to just smile at her. But to also feel guilty which made me frown. 

"Get comfortable with me, my adorable flower." she then ordered me which I of course obeyed. I took off my own dress, leaving me in just my bra and underwear. Then, I went towards the wardrobe...

"That is fine. You don't need to go in there." Vanessa told me, referring to my bra and underwear. I felt my cheeks get hot for some reason. I then went towards the bed and climbed over to her. "I feel a bit cold though, Vanessa. I need a light shirt..."

"The wardrobe has got something very special in it and I don't want you seeing it yet." she cut me off from saying anymore. I sighed in defeat as I laid my head against her shoulder. I then felt her stroke my cheek softly down a few times as I started to fall asleep, taking a good nap.