Chapter 16 - She Was Her Little Flower

My eyes started to slowly open, my brain letting me know that it was time to eat the food that was given to me, as I could smell the deliciousness just inches away. "I knew it." I heard my Queen chuckle. Oh for the love of god....

"Are you well enough now, my Queen?" I asked her, making me sit up and pressed my head against the bed board. I never slept so wonderful before. Was she making sure I had a good sleep? Was that why she was still in the room with me? I watched her move the tray towards me, my eyes landing on her hands. 

"My hands are perfectly fine, my little sunflower. Vampire's bones can mend themselves back together due to our amazing bodies." she told me. I nodded at that, before I picked up a rose gold fork and knife, before I began to dig into my meal which was some steak with some mashed potatoes. Her...slaves were brilliant at cooking. It just makes me sad that they don't know the full truth about themselves, apart from my mother who fought her way through it all, only to find herself here. Does she even know? Does she know that she was a vampire? 

Suddenly, I heard a loud high pitched scream which made me stop eating, placing my fork and knife down immediately without hesitation. Vanessa watched me for a few seconds before the door opened, revealing a very scared and worried Natasha. 

"Addison, it's our mother. She has realised that...-"

"I AM A BLOOD SUCKER!?" My mother shrieked, making me begin to get up from the bed. Then, Vanessa grabbed my arm, stopping me from going anywhere. Perhaps it was for the best...

"Your majesty, can you help her? She is your friend after all." Natasha asked her. "Yes, Yes I will. I will be right with you now. Let me talk to my mate first." Vanessa replied before she turned her head to look at me with some sadness in her purple eyes. 

"I want you to finish your food, okay? I will be back as quickly as I can." she told me softly before I watched her leave. It took me a few seconds to continue eating, but I got it over and done with. Now it was time for the results of my mother finding out that she was one of them. She was under a very deep spell under Vanessa's control. What caused her to realise? 

"WHY DID YOU KILL MY HUSBAND?!" I heard my mother shout, her voice becoming rougher as she continued to yell at my mate. My heart was breaking. 

"Calm down and listen! It wasn't my fault that he didn't make it through the transformation. There was a chance and there still is a chance, sadly he was one of those people. I'm very sorry for doing this to you, Alex. Please forgive me." Vanessa spoke to her. Then, I heard my mother break down into tears. 

"Natasha, could you be a darling and take your mother downstairs into the dining room? She hasn't fed in a while." Vanessa asked her. "Yes, your majesty. Come with me, mum..." she said softly to her before I heard footsteps coming back towards the room that I was in. 

"Shit. You heard all of that, didn't you?" my sad mate asked me before I had to say my honest answer, "Yes, I did."

I watched Vanessa let out a deep sigh. "I am so sorry for causing this much drama, flower. I promise I won't bring anymore in." she apologised to me before she walked over to me. She ran her fingers down my new hair, making her smile softly down at me. "I mean it, flower. I won't bring anymore drama in or hurt anyone else. I won't continue to go down that route that my stupid mother took." 

"So what route will you go down now? The good route?" I asked her before she laughed at that. "Yes, my little flower. I love you." she replied before she leaned down and kissed my forehead. 

Wait...did she...

"Did you say that you love me?" I asked her, wanting to know one hundred percent on what she had just told me. "I will whisper it in your ear then..." she said to me before leaning down to my ear.

"I love you, Addison."