Chapter 17 - Scared Little Flower

Vanessa's POV

After I told her my true feelings towards her, she went all quiet on me. I wanted a reply back, but I couldn't force her. She was my true love, just like Alex said. I don't think she was my friend anymore after I told her that I was sorry about her husband, I stared at my mate for a few seconds before I watched her begin to go somewhere which worried me...

"Where are you going, flower?" I asked her. No answer back. She just grabbed my robe which was laying on the floor this entire time, and walked out of the room. I didn't know what to even do at this point. Did I do something wrong by telling her that I loved her? Did she not love me back as much? Suddenly, I felt some urge in my chest to follow her in case she does something stupid by who knows what. 

I bit my lip with my fang, causing it to bleed a little as I was fucking terrified. Terrified of not being loved back. "Let me see our mum, Nat!" I heard my upset mate shout at her own sister. Yep. That was it for me. I was with my mate within a flash, grabbing her shoulders which made her let out a small scream. 

"It's me, my little flower. What's the matter?" I asked her, pressing my lips against her cheek to try and sooth her down. "I want to talk to my mother. I need to see her." she replied in a quite desperate tone. I took a small deep breath before I gently moved my mate away from the door. This may be a mistake...but it was worth the risk. Since I was the Queen, I could do whatever I please. There was one rule about being a vampire and that was to never disturb a feeding

I placed my hand around the black wooden door knob, twisting it before opening the door a crack so that I could see what Alex was doing. My eyes immediately widened at something really fucking creepy. I have never seen this before in my entire vampire-hood...

"Oh my god." I heard Natasha whisper beside me. I didn't want my mate to see this at all. Alex wasn't dead or anything...but she was holding a dead body in her arms, rocking it as if it was a baby. And she was smiling too... 

"Where the fucking hell did she get that from?" Natasha asked me before my mate suddenly barged her way into the room without any words spoken to me. Just about when things couldn't get any worse...it did. 

"M...mum...are you okay?" my mate stuttered, her voice wavering as she started to slowly walk towards her mother. I turned my head to look at how Natasha was doing. "I am going to get her out of there." she told me before she started to slowly make her way into the room. I then turned my head back to Alex and Addison, realising that Alex had her eyes set on my mate. 

"Come and sit on your mummy's lap. I won't bite." 

Then, Alex dropped the dead body, letting it just thud against the floor. Why the fuck wasn't I doing anything?! 

"Come on, sis. It is time to leave the room..." Natasha started to tell my mate, grabbing her arm softly before trying to guide her back. I could see the evil smirk that Alex was putting on, which clearly wasn't a good sign. This was her dark side and my poor, scared mate was in her trance. By her own mother...

"Let me go, Nat. I think she just wants a hug to feel some warmth." my mate spoke to her sister. Her voice...her voice sounded happy but was completely under a draining spell. Alex then got up from the dining chair as she began to walk towards my mate and Natasha who was refusing to let go. "No, I won't let mum kill you. She is on a blood lust, sis. It can do many things to a vampire...especially that she realised that she..." her sister was about to finish her explanation until she got flung to the other side of the room. 

The energy coming from Alex was far too strong. I couldn't bring myself to even fucking move in this situation. "Please, my little flower! Come towards me like a good girl you are." I started to plead my mate, before it was too late. 

I watched my mate wrap her arms around her mother, who's mouth was completely covered with blood and was dripping from her chin. Her fangs were nothing like her normal feeding ones. They were long like large daggers. 

As soon as I saw that Alex already wrapped her arms around her scared, unknowing daughter...

Her eyes were a deep, blood red. She was still hungry, but she was fighting herself to not bite into her daughter's neck. 

That was a good sign...right?