Chapter 24 - Little Moments

Vanessa's POV

I truly felt for my mate. I felt her feelings run wild within her when her mother decided to see how her daughter was doing. I thought Alex would have disowned her, but she didn't. She loved her daughter so much that she just cannot do that. She was a fantastic mother and I wanted to have those feelings for myself but sadly, those feelings don't exist. They only exist around my mate. My one and only mate. 

"I got a surprise for you waiting downstairs." I told her, as she was brushing her hair gently. She was staring rather closely at her reflection, studying herself. I couldn't tell if this was worrying or just natural for her to do this. "I don't deserve surprises." she then said to me, placing her black wooden hairbrush down onto the desk. What was wrong with her now? I don't understand...

"Of course you do, flower. You deserve everything in the world..."

"I don't think I will be used to feeding. I keep getting hungry all of the time now. It is getting annoying so whatever your surprise is, I don't want it." my sad little mate cut me off, before I walked up towards her slowly, wrapping my arms around her from behind. 

"How about we feed together? So that you don't get afraid of killing a innocent person?" I offered her. "Okay...fine. That will be quite nice, actually." she told me. She accepted it? Really? Why was I surprised about this? I guess I will never know.

"So, do you want your surprise now? Because it can't wait forever." I asked her, before I watched her inhale the air, trying to sniff something out. I loved sharing these adorable moments with her. "Go on then, my Queen. Lead the way." my little flower told me. I found myself beginning to grin as I grabbed her hand and started to take her downstairs. Her surprise was going to be in the throne room. I cannot wait to see her reaction. 

"Why are we going towards your throne room?" she asked me, before we stopped just outside of the room. "Our throne room, my little flower. Because..." I started to begin saying, until I opened the double door. My mate's jaw dropped slightly at her first glance of her new throne. 

"Babe...what is this?" my mate asked me. Ooh! I just had goosebumps from that new nickname. I walked over towards the new throne, which had its lovely new wood smell. The fabric was velvet red, and it had a very nice black cushion attached to the bottom so my mate doesn't get a sore back. I watched Addison slowly walk towards her throne, before she stopped in front of it. "Queen Addison..." I heard her whisper her own name, licking her dry lips slightly as she turned around and finally sat down.

"This is your throne, my little flower. Do you like it? I can always get my designer to..."

"It's perfect." my mate said, cutting me off from saying anymore. 

I walked in front of my lovely mate, before I leaned down and pressed my lips against hers. "Mm.."

// I have been offered a non-exclusive contract to publish my books onto Webnovel. I am not 100% sure if its real, so I will announce it if it is actually real or not, once I get a reply of course. So I will still be publishing my chapters on Wattpad, so I am not going anywhere yet.