16

"So Olivia." Brad says breaking the silence and sitting up. "What do you want to do?"

"I don't know." I sit up with him. "You're the one who comes here." I shrug.

"Well first I get drunk." He holds the bottle of vodka out to me.

I'm not going to get drunk but I do need more alcohol to last this night. I need to make sure I don't drink too much so that I am aware of what I'm doing. I don't want to end up doing something I regret with Brad.

I take the bottle from his hand and take 3 large gulps before handing him it back. The alcohol warms up my body as it races through me. I feel better already. That's it though, no more.

The smirk on Brad's face seems to be growing the longer this night goes on. It really makes me want to slap it off. Or kiss it off. What? Alcohol always makes me say weird things about him that are definitely not true.

"You know I was really surprised you agreed to stay with me tonight." Brad says as he lies back down, I stay sitting up.

"Why?" I reply simply.

"Because you hate me." He points out correctly.

"That's true." I sigh and bite my lip.

"Why?" He asks me after a few minutes of silence.

"What?"

"Why do you hate me?" Brad repeats.

"You aren't seriously asking me this?" I laugh. Does he not realise how arrogant he is?

He stays silent so I take that as a yes. The alcohol is pumping around me and it's making me more confident than I usually am so I'm going to take advantage of this and tell him how I feel.

"You're cocky, you think of no one but yourself, you're sex obsessed, you have this strange thought that someday I'm going to want you which makes no sense at all because I don't know if you can tell, but I really don't like you. You broke into my house which was totally insa-"

"You actually think all that shit?" He says flatly.

"Yes, obviously."

"Then why do you always agree to go places with me?" He replies with the same lack of emotion as always.

"I-I..I don't know..." I trail off. I'm mad at him. Why does he need to ask that? He just happens to be everywhere I go. I'm more mad at myself because I know it's true, I tell myself all this stuff that I hate about him but then I end up with him between my legs kissing me on his counter.

I turn to look at him, he has finished his second bottle of straight vodka now which means he must be drunk. I wonder if he'll be an aggressive drunk or a thoughtful drunk, maybe even an emotional drunk? I laugh to myself at the thought of Brad showing any kind of emotion. That seems ridiculous.

I lie back down next to him and yet again stare at the ceiling. Silence takes over us for what seems like the tenth time tonight.

"Why do you always come to me when you can get any girl?" I blurt out. I didn't mean to ask that. I was thinking about it but of course my mouth has no control when it's drunk. I prepare for the insults to come flooding in from Brad but when I look over to him he looks deep in thought. Maybe he didn't hear me?

"I don't know." Maybe not. "It's weird it's like something keeps dragging me to you or something." He slurs while shrugging.

Okay...definitely not what I was expecting. It's obviously the alcohol talking, Brad wouldn't speak about me like that. Never in a million years. I stay silent, afraid to reply.