2

"So, earlier, I was having a conversation with one of the populars, don't ask how that happened, and I was invited to a party." Tristan says with a hint of excitement.

I cross my legs as I sit on the floor of Charis' front room with her and Tristan opposite me and shoot him an unimpressed look.

"And you're going?" I scoff.

We don't go to parties, that's not our thing. For him to have even been invited is shocking to say the least considering we don't even socialise with those kinds of groups.

"We're going." He looks excitedly at me and Charis.

"No." I state sternly, I am not going to a party.

"Well I'm going, come on Liv it will be fun!" Charis tries to persuade me.

"No way." I hold my ground and cross my arms.

"Pleeaassee." Charis pouts.

"I'll stay with you the whole time and if you want to leave, we can." Tristan adds in an attempt to persuade me.

I take one look at his expectant look and sigh. I can't say no to him, no matter how much he frustrates me. It's only one party, what harm can it do? I'll be with Tristan the whole time so it won't be that bad right? He will keep me from doing anything I'll regret.

"Okay." I groan.

"Yes!" Charis squeals and hugs me, when she lets me go, I see Tristan grinning, this can't be that bad.

After a few hours of getting ready and joking around, everyone's ready but me and I'm fixing my hair in the mirror of Charis' bedroom.

"Liv hurry up I wanna eventually get there!" Charis groans from downstairs.

"Okay, okay, I'm ready!" I shout back down, walking in front of her mirror. I look at the black skinny jeans and black crop top that fit my body perfectly with satisfaction. I grab my small black bag and put my phone in it before rushing down the stairs.

"You look great." Tristan smiles at me.

"Thanks." I smile as we walk out the door, Tristan driving us to the party.

We finally get there, after getting a little lost, Tris pulls up to a huge house with loud music and silhouettes of drunken teenagers standing outside. I begin to feel nervous as I watch how drunk people actually are, I don't know if I want to revisit this. We get out of the car and walk into the littered house, the extremely loud music fills my eardrums, the heat takes over my whole body and the smell of alcohol, sweat and cigarettes overwhelms me. I want to turn back and run until Tristan's hand grabs onto mine and squeezes with reassurance. I look up to him and smile, squeezing back. Thank god I have a friend like him.

Tristan looks out at the crowd and seems to recognise someone, nodding in their direction. He leads me and Charis over to them and after pushing through a lot of sweaty bodies, I'm greeted by a handsome blonde boy with spiky hair and brilliant blue eyes. He's shorter than Tristan, which isn't hard to achieve, and has a wide grin on his attractive face. After doing some weird manly hand shake thing with Tristan, he looks up to me and Charis and smiles sweetly.

"Hey." He smiles at us, his eyes obviously fixated on Charis. "I'm Connor."

"Liv." I smile back as Charis introduces herself and blatantly stares at Connor.

I think I see Connor wink at her, so I turn to Tristan and give him the I-think-we-should-leave-them-alone look, he nods and grabs my hand again, dragging me away from the two. We walk over to an empty sofa and sit down next to each other. He places a reassuring hand on my thigh and gives me a small smile. We soon break into a conversation about everything and nothing as we usually do, and I start to feel more comfortable by the second. All of a sudden, he rests his hand over my shoulders and slides his hand a little up my thigh. A nervous feeling surfaces in my stomach and I'm probably just thinking too much into it, but I don't want to give him the wrong idea.