15

"Let's go exploring." He smiles and opens the cupboard door.

He runs out of the tiny cupboard and drags me along with him, soon my feet catch up with his and I'm running next to him, our hands still attached. A smile reaches my face at the thought of doing something so reckless as this. It's been a while since I lived.

Suddenly Brad stops, catching me off guard. He stares at the blank wooden cupboard in front of us.

"Brad? Are you feeling...okay?" I frown at him staring at nothing.

He ignores me and chuckles before taking his hand away from mine and crouching down. My hand feels kind of empty without his in mine. I'm being stupid. Brad begins ripping the wood off of the cupboard. Is he insane? Have I just agreed to be locked in a shop with a crazy teenage boy? Just as I'm about to run and hide he pulls all the wood away and a large bottle of vodka is revealed.

"What the hell?"

"First time I came here I hid this here for emergencies." He grins whilst opening the bottle and taking a swig from it before offering it to me.

"No I don't drink anymore." I refuse his offer.

"Anymore?" He raises his eyebrow.

I nod, keeping silent. I don't think I'm quite ready to share my life with him yet. I think he accepts the fact I'm not going to tell him what I mean as he drops it and walks over to a living room scene with 2 sofas, a tv and a coffee table. Brad sits on one of the sofas so I sit on the other. I hope this isn't what he has planned to do all night.

"So Olivia..." He drinks from the bottle. "what's your story?"

"Nothing special." I sigh. "Trying to get good grades, weekend job, a few friends. Same as everyone." I shrug, making sure to leave out every bit of drama in my life.

"Oh come on I know that's not it." He slightly slurs. He can't be drunk already. I look at the half empty bottle in his hands, it's been like 3 minutes since he got it.

"What do you think my story is?" I ask him.

"Well you never mention your dad and you only ever mention someone called Sam and I'm pretty sure you would call her mum if she was your mum so I'm thinking you live with some relative or friend." I'm slightly taken back at how accurate he is and how much he's been paying attention to what I'm saying.

"Someone's been observant." I laugh. He stays silent at this. "Close."

"What happened to your parents?" He asks me.

"Nothing to do with you." I say calmly. I'm not angry, I'm used to people asking me.

He leaves it which I'm thankful for.

"So what's your story?" I ask him.

"I'm popular, girls love me, I couldn't give a shit about grades and I've got no job. So the opposite to you." He laughs and drinks from the bottle.

"Don't you get fed up with just going to party's and getting with girls all the time?"

He pauses and I stare at him. "No...why would I?" He looks down and I can see in his face that he's lying to himself. If he gets fed up with it why does he keep doing it? For popularity?

"Because it's no way to live a life." I reply, his eyes snap to mine.

"Don't tell me how to live my life." He snaps. Someone's not in a good mood.

"Don't try and guess what's going on in mine then." I snap back and stand up.

"I'm just trying to hold a fucking conversation but you're being too damn difficult!" He shouts as he stands up and walks towards me.

"Not wanting to tell a stranger about my personal life isn't being difficult it's called being fucking smart!" I shout in his face.

"Live a little." He says calmly and rolls his eyes.

I sigh and look up at him angrily before taking the bottle of vodka out of his hands.

"I thought you don't drink?" He smirks at me. How can he go so calm so quickly?

"I'm gonna need it to get through this night." I huff and put the bottle to my lips. I don't plan on it but somehow I end up downing the rest of the bottle.

Once I'm done my eyes meet Brad's who is staring at me wide eyed with his lips parted. I smile innocently at him before shoving the bottle into his hands and walking away from him.

I feel slightly tipsy now that I've downed that. I need somewhere to sit down my head feels fuzzy, I spot a bed and sit on the side of it before lying down on it facing the ceiling. Soon Brad joins me and lies next to me.

"Sorry about downing all your vodka." I say after a bit of silence.

"It's okay I have another one." He smirks, I look at him to see him holding another bottle of pure vodka making me shake my head laughing at him.

"I like your laugh." Brad mumbles quietly but I just about hear him.

I widen my eyes at him. Did he just say that?

"You what?" I stare at him

"I just-I erm." He stutters, clearly shocked he said that out loud. "I don't get to see it often so it's nice I guess I don't know." He coughs. "It's the vodka talking."

"Yeah, vodka does that to you." I mumble.

Silence takes over us at the shock of what just happened.

/ / / /

YO ITS BEEN AGES SINCE I UPDATED SO I THOUGHT I SHOULD I KNOW THIS IS SHORT SOZ ABOUT IT.

Merry Christmas dicks how was yours? I got like 8 albums and band merch lol.