47

(((I strongly advise you listen to the song I've attached whilst reading this.)))

/ / / /

Brad starts the engine to his car as we sit in silence. The low rumble of his car fills the silence as I look nervously at him. Everything seems really awkward and tense because we still need to talk about everything that happened. I'm still angry at him, significantly less angry, but still angry.

"You realise we still need to talk right?" I ask him quietly, nervous to see his reaction after mentioning the subject.

He pauses for a few seconds and breathes out.

"I know. We will." He says calmly.

I nod even though he can't see me as he focusses his eyes on the road. The sky has a faint orange glow as the sun begins to set, making me realise how late I actually woke up. I must have skipped breakfast and lunch after being so emotionally drained.

"How long are we driving for?" I mumble, gazing out the passenger seat window at the burning sky.

"About ten minutes." He replies with a low mumble.

I feel his eyes on me but I continue to watch the sky, I fucking love sunsets. Brad reaches forwards and switches on the CD player in the car. A calming song begins to play, I immediately recognise it as Oceans by Coldplay. I smile at his choice of song, his music taste gets better by the day.

I press the button to wind down the window fully. The warm breeze brushes against my skin, blowing my hair gently. The sun slides further down the sky, spreading purples, oranges and pinks across its canvas. It was as though all the colours in the world were being sucked into this one stretch of sky. From the palest amber pink, to the deepest flaming red. Black silhouettes of trees rip holes in the clouds as the colours bleed together and burn my thoughts. I have never noticed how thin and frail the clouds are, wispy and delicate as if they don't even exist. I take in a deep breath and smile softly.

I gaze over at Brad, a soft frown creases his eyebrows as he stares onto the road. His long curls frame his face and flop slightly over his forehead as he resists pushing it back whilst driving. The burning sky casts a warm glow onto his golden skin, framing his attractive features with heavy shadows.

I bite my lip as I watch him carefully, observing the tattoos laced up his left arm. Brad turns his head to look at me briefly, his eyes trace over my features and linger on my lip between my teeth. I immediately release it. He looks back towards the road with a small smile lingering on his lips.

"Behind the walls love, I'm trying to change." Brad hums the lyrics softly, shocking me. I haven't heard him sing since that time in the kitchen and he was surprisingly good. "And I'm ready for it all love, I'm ready for the change." He sings a little louder, allowing me to hear the rawness of his voice. "Meet me in blue sky, meet me again." He continues.

I smile at him as his voice fills the car, syncing perfectly with the song. My ears have been blessed.

"Why don't you sing more?" I ask him softly. He nods his head along with the slow beat a little before answering me.

"I do, just not in front of people." He shrugs.

"Why?"

"It doesn't really fit in with the bad boy image." He chuckles softly, making me laugh a little.

"Do you like the bad boy image?" I ask him, becoming a little more serious because I'm curious. Does he enjoy being like this?

He shrugs.

"Sometimes." He pauses and looks at me briefly before looking back to the road. "It comes with a lot of perks, people don't fuck with you, gets you a lot of girl attention. You can pretty much do what you want." He says simply. I sit in silence listening to him, the calming voice of Chris Martin playing through the car.

"But...people think I'm this shitty guy who thinks of no one but himself, which I'm not." He starts to open up to me but shakes his head and shrugs again. "I don't know..." He trails off, trying to change the subject.

I let it go because I'm not here to push him to tell me stuff about his life that he doesn't want to share. I don't want to make him feel like he has to tell me every little thing about his life now that he's shown a small bit of emotion.

"Are you hungry?" He asks me.

"Yeah I kinda haven't eaten today." I reply.

"What why?" Brad says with a worried tone.

"I was er...emotionally exhausted, so I didn't wake up until like 30 minutes before you turned up." I reluctantly say, not wanting to mention how I felt last night.

Brad seems to get the hint and drops the conversation, continuing to drive before he stops outside of a pizza place.

"Please don't tell me you're a pineapple kind of person." Brad teases me, grabbing his wallet out of his back pocket.

"Fortunately, I only like margherita, I'm fussy." I smile and shrug.

"Okay, I'll be two seconds. Play music or whatever." Brad says and leaves the car. I laugh at his wording, I like the slightly rude side to him, it's kind of charming. That sounds weird.

I open the glove box of Brad's car and search through the CD cases stacked up in there. There's even more here than there is back at his place. I pick out The 1975's self titled album and put the disc into the slot. I skip it to 'Undo' and lean back into the passenger seat. I take in a deep breath and sigh. I'm so nervous for us to talk about things, I desperately want to hear emotion coming from Brad but it scares me that I'm actually going to hear it. I don't want any commitment right now and I know he doesn't, I don't want it to feel like we have to force some kind of label on things when he opens up to me. But I also don't want to be another girl on his long list, a casual fuck.

Brad opens the car door and hands me a box of pizza, I take it and rest it on my lap. The heat of it comforts me slightly as Brad starts up the engine again.

"Nice choice." Brad smirks at me, nodding at the radio.

"Thanks, my music taste happens to be amazing." I brag, he shakes his head with a little laugh. My heart swells at how good we are getting along, despite our arguments. It's as if nothing has happened, but I can't let him think that he can get away with things like that.

After driving for a few more minutes, we arrive outside of a large field. Has he brought me here to kill me? There is nothing here except long grass and tall trees. I frown at him.

"Just wait." He chuckles and gets out of the car, I follow him with the pizza.

"Are you going to murder me and dump my body in the field?" I joke with him.

"How did you know?" He responds sarcastically, making me giggle.

/ / / /

Part 2 coming soon lmao

Ugh I wanna delete precious so bad it's so badly written and I hate the story line but it has like 800k and I don't wanna lose it:(((