60

I text Tristan after getting myself ready and wait for him to reply whilst eating the fastest breakfast of my life. I'm probably going to be late for school but I'm not surprised after last night. Thankfully, Brad didn't say anything too offensive for the rest of the dinner and it went as smoothly as a dinner with Brad and his dad could go. He drove me home that night but before I could get out of the car and go home, he distracted me by being himself and I left the car forty-five minutes later in need of a shower and some sleep. However, I ended up texting Brad the entire night and fell asleep at three in the morning instead. I woke up exhausted but still on a high from our antics and the thought of seeing Tris again today.

I check the time, realise I'm running late and throw my bag on my shoulder before running out of the house with a quick goodbye to Sam. I practically run to school, arriving only five minutes late which is much better than I expected. I don't even stop by my locker, I just run to my first class which thankfully, the teacher is late for so I slip in unnoticed.

The school day drags on and I find myself daydreaming about what Tristan wants to talk about later on. Does he want to forget everything? Does he still like me? I can only hope that he's over his sudden liking to me and we can go back to how everything was. I haven't seen Brad all day so I assume he decided not to come in at all, it wouldn't surprise me.

"Watch where you're going." A blonde girl angrily says to me as I bump into her shoulder, I need to stop daydreaming about Brad.

I make my way out of school and wait for Tristan outside of the building where we arranged to meet. I wait for a few minutes before tall, blonde hair comes into sight and a smile spreads across my face.

"Tris! Hey!" I grin at him and go to give him a hug but stop myself when I remember the situation. Okay Liv, let's not get too carried away.

"Hey." He chuckles and pulls me into a hug anyway when he notices my failed attempt.

"What have you been up to?" I ask him once we pull away, it's slightly awkward because I have no idea what to say to him.

"Not much...I uh-I got a girlfriend." He awkwardly replies.

"Oh my god that's great!" I almost squeal at the news. This means he's over me right?

"Yeah it is." He smiles. "It's early days but I like her a lot." He gushes over his new girlfriend and I couldn't be happier.

"I'm so happy for you." I smile genuinely.

"So we're uh...are we cool?" Tris timidly asks me.

"Of course we are! You know I wanted to be from the start you idiot." I laugh and jokingly punch his shoulder, I'm always so comfortable around him.

"I know I just had...issues." He smiles.

"You have a lot of issues." I joke as we start to walk to my house. It's out of habit mainly, we always used to hang around my house because it was closest to school, then he would leave late at night when he had fell asleep five times already.

"That's true." He laughs loudly. "I missed you."

"I missed you too." I smile and nudge him in the side.

We chat about everything that's happened lately, I skip out the parts about Brad all together because he would be so angry at me after he fought him for me. Once we reach my house, I find my eyes instinctively looking towards where that tattooed group usually linger about. Sure enough, I'm met by two dark, brown eyes staring back at me with a glare. What is his problem? What could I have done now?

"Liv?" Tris snaps me away from the eyes that have distracted me too much these past few months. "You okay?"

"Oh yeah, I'm fine." I laugh and open my door, letting Tristan in and taking one last glance at those brown eyes before shutting them away with my door. It's not my fault he's angry and I won't have him taking it out on me or Tristan, our friendship is fragile and it doesn't need to be shattered by Brad's sharp tongue.