69

"Come on it'll be fun!" Tris tries to persuade me.

"Don't be so boring." Charis teases me.

"I don't have very good experiences at parties. I always end up getting felt up or shouted at. So, I'd rather not." I shrug and try to focus on my phone to show that I'm not going to be swayed by them. My mood has not been the best lately and they're trying their best to cheer me up.

"Well, Brad isn't going to be there and me and Tris will fight off any horny teenage boy that tries it on with you." Charis smiles at me.

I find it very hard to believe Brad won't be there, he's at every party. I don't want to see him there. We haven't spoken since the morning in his car six days ago, he dropped me off, I thanked him and that was the last I heard from him. I've seen him around school and we've made awkward eye contact a few times which I always cut off. I'm just so tired of it all and I won't allow myself to keep getting hurt by him. I have to admit, I do feel like I'm going through some sort of heartbreak.

I have barely eaten or slept because all I do is think about that idiot. I know it's my choice to cut off what we were doing but I know it's what's best for me, no matter how much my chest hurts without him with me. When did I become so emotionally attached to him? It's only been six days and I'm already longing his touch. This is why I need this.

"How do you know Brad won't be there?" I ask Charis cautiously, of course I told her everything, she's my best friend and she doesn't judge me.

"I checked with Connor before asking you, I wouldn't ask you otherwise." She said as if it was obvious.

I stay silent. If Brad isn't going to be there then I can actually have fun, and my friends won't leave me this time because there is no one to distract them. Maybe I should go? Maybe it will help me stop thinking about Brad?

"You're going, I've decided." Tris chimes in.

"Thanks, mum." I roll my eyes with a smile.

"So you're coming?" Charis grins.

"Yes, but only if you promise to not leave my side for your girlfriends." I warn them.

"I wouldn't dare." Charis holds her hands up in surrender. "I'll pick you up at ten." She tells me as we turn the corner to my street after our day at the cinemas.

"See you guys." I wave to Tris and Charis as they continue the journey to their own homes.

I sigh as I walk down my long ass street with nothing but my thoughts to keep me company. Why is it so difficult to not think about him? I got over Tate in a matter of a few days but I can't forget the tattooed boy with the vulgar language. I don't understand this. I reach my door and let myself in.

"Hey, I'm home!" I shout through the house to wherever Sam is.

"In here!" She calls back to me from the living room.

I follow her voice to see her sitting watching some rubbish on the television with a glass of wine in her hand. She's had the entire week off of work due to how much she's worked recently and I'm very thankful for it. She works way too much for one person and she deserves a break. It's been nice to actually spend time with her.

"Hey, how's your day been?" I ask her.

"Relaxing." She smiles softly at me as I stand in the doorway. "How was yours?"

"Uh...okay I guess." I shrug. "What are you doing later?" I lean against the doorframe.

"This." She laughs, indicating to her current activities. "Why? What do you want now?" She teases me.