76

L I V

I pull out my headphones as I walk into the school gates and put them away in my bag. I feel terrible this morning. After a few days of being on a 'break' from Brad, my head is even more messed up than it was before, but I'm hoping that will change with time. I really do need to think about us and everything that's happened. I have had my heart broken by him too many times and every time I have forgiven him and ignored my aching heart. I'm a pushover. I sigh and get my books out of my locker, taking longer than usual because I really don't want to go to lesson today.

"Hey." The voice of my best friend comes from behind me.

"Hey." I turn around to face him and give him a fake smile.

"You're not fooling anybody." Tris says and rests his hand on my arm supportively, talking about my fake smile.

"I'm trying." I sigh and let the smile fall from my face. "I really don't want to be here." I close my locker and we begin walking to lesson together, even though we're in separate classes.

"Try and focus on the lesson today, not him. Exams are really soon." Tris warns me.

"I know." I rub my head as I think of my first exam which is coming up in about a week.

Sure, I've started revising and sure, I know most of the course, but I want to be prepared one hundred percent so that I have the best chances.

"Don't worry about it." Tris smiles and rubs my arm again before walking down the corridor to his lesson.

Ugh. Let's get this over with. I walk to my classroom and sit down in my seat without looking at anyone. I know for a fact that Brad is in this lesson, and as much as I want to look at him, I can't. It's not that I hate him, I just need to give myself a fair chance. I know that if I look at him I'll fall back into his arms and probably ask him to marry me, that's how whipped I am.

I feel Brad's eyes on me the entire time and I'm surprised when he doesn't speak out for the entire lesson, I think he even got here only a little later than required which is big for him. Usually he arrives halfway through the lesson and insults the teacher throughout. Is he okay? Maybe he's ill? I can look at him at least once right? One time won't hurt...

I look over and see him sitting in a different seat, away from the girl who usually clings to him and he flirts back with. He's resting his chin in his hands and staring up at the teacher with a dazed look. My eyes travel to his pouty lips, squashed up by his hands on his chin. I bite my pencil as I find myself staring at him, observing his ever growing hair which he hasn't cut in a while and could easily be piled up on top of his head. I admire his tan and the soft curve of his features that some may say are feminine but I think make him seem so...attractive. A smile tugs at my lips as I see his deep brown eyes slowly start to flutter shut, blinking rapidly as he tries to stay awake but failing as his eyes close. I continue watching until his chin slips ever so slightly off of his hands and his head bobs a little. A tiny chuckle escapes my lips at the sight.

"Olivia." The teacher loudly addresses me which makes me snap my eyes to her, a heat rising in my face. "Could you save your staring at Mr. Simpson for after my lesson please?" She snaps, I have never liked her much.

My entire face heats up and no words come from my mouth as several people in the class stare and giggle at me as they know some parts of my relationship with Brad. I nod frantically so that she will move on and torture someone else, which she thankfully does. My eyes instinctively find Brad's, as if to see if he had heard, maybe he fell asleep. But, of course, my eyes connect with the deep brown orbs staring back at me with an intense look that sends chills through my body. He's furiously chewing at his bottom lip as he stares at me, obviously trying to figure out why the hell I was staring at him when we're on a break. My eyes briefly watch him bite his lip and my stomach turns and then my brain switches on.