18

As my last lesson finishes I make my way to detention, why the hell did I have to get it again? I'm a good person I don't deserve this torture of having to spend time with that dick. I sigh and open the door to detention, I came a little earlier so I could hopefully choose a seat away from Brad instead of being stuck with him again. There's about five people already sat down, 2 of them look quite nervous and the other 2 are popular girls talking about their boyfriends. It's literally like a cheesy American high school film here.

I take a seat far away from all of them, in the corner, an empty seat is next to me and I really hope Brad doesn't sit here. More and more people enter the room and begin talking, no one has sat next to me, Brad hasn't even turned up yet. Maybe he's not coming, I can only hope. As I'm daydreaming, someone sits next to me. Please don't be Brad. Please don't be Brad. I slowly turn my head.

My eyes are met with bright green ones, I'm mesmerized for a second. This is definitely not Brad. I focus on the rest of the boy sitting next to me, he has tall blonde hair swept off of his forehead, his smile shows off his left dimple and his jawline could cut me in half. I like him, he is VERY attractive.

"Hi." I murmur quite shocked.

"Hey, what's your name?" the cute boy asks me.

"Liv." I reply.

"I'm Tate, thanks for asking." he chuckles. HIS LAUGH IS ADORABLE. His eyes crinkle all cutely and his teeth are perfect and lord I am in love with this boy.

"Oh..I'm sorry." I mumble awkwardly because I am a mess.

"It's fine I'm kidding." he laughs again. "Are you new here?"

"No I've been here since year 7." I reply, he hasn't even seen me before I need to get out more.

"It seems like I would have remembered you." Tate replies looking me up and down making me blush. How is this God interested in me?

"Well I don't talk to a lot of people, just my 3 friends. I've gotta focus on school stuff."

"Aw that's cute, I wish I had the motivation to focus on school stuff." he laughs making me laugh with him.

The door slams stopping our laughter and causing everyone to look towards the door. Surprise surprise it's Brad walking in, he sits in the far corner. Thank God for Tate. I watch him as he crosses his arms and rests his feet on the table, he makes eye contact, gives me a blank look and looks away. Someone's in a mood.

"Ex boyfriend?" Tate's voice interrupts me.

"What?" I laugh. "No way in a million years, I hate him."

"So you're single?" I almost choke. Tate, this extremely attractive boy is asking me if I'm single.

"Yes, very single." I reply.

He smiles at me as the teacher walks in to observe our detention.

/ / / / /

I walk out of the school and breathe deeply. I had the nicest conversation with Tate and I ended up getting his number. Detention is now my favourite place. The door to the school opens and shuts making me jump, I turn around to see who it is. Brad walks past me giving me a glare, he speed walks down the road making me angry for some reason.

"What is your problem?" I shout after him. I don't know why.

He stops walking and turns to face me, he's scaring me now actually. He walks back towards me.

"Oh I'm fine Olivia, I'm great actually. I'm on my way to meet a very hot and very slutty girl for a great night. Have a good time with Tate." he smiles sarcastically and walks off.

Wow ok. I don't care, why would I? I knew from the start he just wanted sex, I'm not bothered. I will have a good time with Tate he's ten times better and nicer than Brad. He can go have sex with random girls as much as he wants. I start to walk home with a frown on my face. I just don't understand why he's suddenly acting like this, he was into me earlier? Is he jealous I was talking to Tate? Why am I even thinking about this I don't even like him. This is what I wanted.

I finally get home after a million thoughts ran through my head on the way back. I climb the stairs and flop on my bed. When did my life become complicated? I was fine just concentrating on school and talking to hardly anyone, I liked that. Now I have drama with Tristan and Brad. At least a cute boy likes me, that doesn't happen often.

I put on Ed Sheeran's new album and text Charis everything that's happened, I know she will talk to me about it. At least I still have one friend.