72

"Okay everyone, make sure you complete those assignments by tomorrow. Final exams are soon and you need to be prepared." My teacher says as she dismisses our class.

I sigh and throw my bag over my shoulder as I leave the classroom. I've been so caught up with Brad lately that I forgot about exams. Of course I've been completing all of my homework and assignments, but I haven't even started revision. I'm so behind on my revision and A-Levels are so incredibly difficult, there's no way I'm going to be able to remember it all in time. Exams are only two weeks away! I'm supposed to be focussing on my grades to prove to my aunt that I'm not the way I used to be and I can make something of myself.

My thoughts are cut off as I bump into a body in the hallway. I hit my head off of their shoulder and groan in pain as I hold onto the pained area. I look up to the person only to find nerves rush through my body as they look back at me with shining green eyes.

"T-Tate." I stutter as I look up at him.

I've seen him around school but we haven't spoken since the break up. So much has changed since then. He watches me with his emerald eyes holding a sad expression.

"Liv." He breathes out with shock. "I'm so sorry, are you okay? That was totally my fault." He brushes my hand out of the way and examines my head with both of his hands.

"Yeah I'm fine...its just a small bump that's all." I nervously respond. Everything seems so tense and awkward with him now, I don't know how to act around him.

"I'm sorry." He looks into my eyes with meaning, seemingly apologising for more than just the bump on my head. I stare back at him, anger brewing inside me as I remember what he did to me, but my mouth not being able to voice anything.

"Hey." A familiarly harsh voice interrupts our eye contact and causes Tate to remove his hands from my head immediately. "Wanna get your hands the fuck off of my girlfriend?"

I look to see Brad standing next to me with the same anger I've seen a million times. Hearing him actually calling me his girlfriend to another person makes my stomach flip happily.

"Brad." I try to calm him down.

"It's fine, I just bumped into her accidentally and she hurt her head." Tate says with a hint of nervousness in his voice. "I wasn't doing anything."

"You better fucking not have been." Brad snaps at him. I wish he wouldn't be so protective. Sure, I am thankful that he broke up our interaction but I also wish that he would leave me to deal with it myself. "We both know what happened the last time." Brad lowers his voice as he steps closer to Tate.

"Brad, stop." I put my hand on his chest and push against him to stop him moving any closer.

The two stare each other down in front of me. I don't know how to handle this, I never thought I would be in a situation like this.

"It was nothing to be angry about, I was distracted and I bumped into him. He was just checking if my head was okay." I try to reassure him whilst keeping my voice down as people's heads start to turn towards us at the commotion.

"Is it?" He raises an eyebrow at me, his eyes drifting to the small bump on my forehead that's throbbing slightly.

"Yes, stop worrying." I sigh.

Brad takes a second to look over my features in silence, as if deciding what to do.

"You can leave now." He rudely says to Tate when he decides. Tate looks to me and then to Brad.