49

I tug my red dress down as we step out of Megan's car. Regret floods through my stomach as I watch the intoxicated bodies dancing with each other outside of the house. I can't believe I'm at another party. I didn't want to come at first, but Megan and Charis convinced me with Megan promising not to drink and the two of them promising to stay with me all night. I find myself wishing Tristan was here to make me feel safe and to make me feel a little less like a third wheel.

Charis and Megan join me outside the car and we all walk into the booming party. I don't even know who's party this is, a friend of Charis' apparently. Hopefully, no one I know will be here considering Charis doesn't go to our school.

As we walk in, I recognise the familiar faces that are usually at the parties we go to. The blonde boy who looks far too young to be here, the red head who I once saw dancing with a broom. Do these people just gravitate towards every party possible? The three of us get drinks handed to us, I sniff the pink tinted liquid and shrug before bringing it to my lips. It tastes somewhat fruity and not that disgusting so I continue to drink it. We make our way outside where there are a few sofas placed in a circle. Who has sofas outside?

I sit on the smallest one so that Charis and Megan can sit on the larger sofa together. Megan pulls Charis on her lap, I look away from the affectionate gesture and take a sip from my drink to hide my smile.

"Are you going to pull tonight Liv?" Charis jokes.

"I don't know." I shrug.

"I think you should." Megan agrees with Charis.

"What's stopping you?" Charis asks me with a hint of a smile.

"There's nothing stopping me." I shrug and look away from them. There isn't anything stopping me, me and Brad aren't together or anything. Would you class our relationship as dating?

"Then I'm going to offer my services as your wing woman." Megan smiles at me, causing Charis to frown.

"I don't think Charis would be pleased about that." I laugh.

"You can join me." Megan laughs and squeezed her thigh. Charis seems pleased about this and nods.

"Okay mission 'get-Olivia-laid' is on! Aka mission impossible." Megan jokes, making me laugh uncomfortably. I am getting laid. Frequently. You just don't know about it.

"What about that guy? He's cute." Charis points to a small boy with raven coloured hair and green eyes. He's dancing like an idiot, thrusting his hips into the air dramatically.

"Uh no." I scrunch my nose up at the immature boy and shake my head.

"Him?" Megan nods her head to a tall boy covered in tattoos with bright pink hair.

"No." I shake my head. He's attractive but he's just not...I don't know.

"Well we're running out of boys here." Charis laughs. I shrug again. "Oh well let's just get drunk!"

I laugh and finish the cup of the pink liquid and stand up to my feet. Finally, a good idea. Charis and Megan both stand up with me and we make our way to the kitchen to get more alcohol.

Five shots and two vodkas later, Charis is being held up by a sober Megan and I'm dancing around the garden like a ten year old child. I'm having so much fun! But I need more alcohol. I run out of the garden and back inside, skipping to the kitchen. I hum to myself as I pour more of the fruity liquid I had earlier into a cup. I bring the drink to my lips and smile as it hits my tongue. I've become familiar with the taste and now I quite like it.

I lean my hands against the counter to balance myself out. My head is so fuzzy. I feel like I have three pairs of eyes but they all need glasses. A familiar laugh booms through the kitchen, making me turn around. I watch as Brad walks into the kitchen with his group of tattooed friends. His eyes meet mine and he frowns. He looks funny. I like his shirt.