73

My lessons seem to go incredibly slow today as my mind overflows with negative thoughts. I am my own worst enemy, I overthink too much which causes me to go a little insane. Thankfully, my teacher ends the lesson and dismisses us. I grab my stuff and hastily leave the classroom, making my way straight to the exit of the school. Now that my lessons are over, I just want to get home and relax. My plans with Brad will have to be postponed for another day, I don't know if I can see him without spilling my destructive thoughts to him.

I make my way out of the exit and begin walking away from it, ignoring a few people staring at me for acting so strange.

"Liv! Liv wait!" I hear Brad call after me as I try to speed walk away from school.

How does he find me every time? I just don't want to see him right now because I don't want to seem like a clingy girlfriend...girlfriend. That's still so strange to say. Unfortunately, Brad catches up to me and grabs onto my wrist, stopping me and turning me around to face him.

"What's wrong?" He asks me, panting slightly from the run over to me.

"What's wrong?" I repeat his words with a small laugh, how can he not know what's wrong.

Something seems to register with him as his eyes widen slightly and he steps closer to me.

"Liv, you know I didn't mean that. I had to say it or-"

"Or what?" I interrupt him.

He sighs and closes his eyes before beginning to explain himself to me.

"They have shit on me Liv. I can't piss them off or they'll ruin me or you. I can't let them hurt you." He says quietly with sadness in his eyes.

"What do they have on you?" I ask him softly but still kind of harshly. My feelings are hurt, that isn't going to go away. I love him and it hurts to go through this kind of thing.

"Just about the whole...drug situation." He responds but isn't too convincing when he tells me. Is he lying? Is there something else he's done? "Look, Liv. I'm so sorry about all of this, you deserve someone who can openly love you and give you the world but...I can't. So if you want to leave, I totally get it-"

"Wait what?" I ask him with shock. "Leave? Why would I want to leave?"

"I thought..." He trails off.

"Brad." I sigh with a small smile. "I know this is all just going to blow over eventually and I'll be here right beside you when it does."

"Really?" He asks with a hint of vulnerability in his eyes, I love how open he is being with his emotions lately. It doesn't make me happy to see him upset, it just shows me that he is trusting me.

"Yes, really." I giggle a little at his reaction. "I'm not saying it doesn't suck because it really, really does. Of course I want to love you in public but...for now I think I can deal with only loving you in private." I smile softly, ignoring the small ache in my heart telling me otherwise.

He leans down and presses a soft kiss to my lips before pulling away and smiling down at me.

"What did I do to deserve you?" He practically whispers, making shivers travel up my spine.

"Shut up." I giggle. "I love you."

"I love you too." He grins as he says the words and connects our lips quickly again.

"Hey! Brad!" A voice interrupts us.

We both pull apart to see Dylan walking up to us, I instantly tense up and step a little behind Brad out of instinct. Brad steps in front of me as he senses my reserved behaviour.