42

I pick up my phone after running up the stairs two at a time. I look at the caller ID to see Brad's name and sigh. I thought it was Charis. Not that I'm disappointed or anything. I answer the call, a little out of breath.

"Hey." I pant slightly.

"Hey, why are you so out of breath?" He laughs.

"Oh I ran up the stairs to answer my phone."

"That eager to talk to me eh?" He teases me.

"Actually no I thought it was Charis." I smile to myself as I hear him huff.

"Anyway, what are you doing Wednesday?" He asks me, changing the subject.

"Um I don't think I'm doing anything." I say whilst trying to think of any plans I have.

"Good, you're coming round mine at 7." He tells me.

"Oh am I?" I raise my eyebrow.

"Yes, I need tutoring and you haven't done a very good job so far." He teases.

"Ugh fine." I groan. I hate tutoring it's so boring, plus now I have to get stuff ready for it.

"Don't sound too excited to see me." Brad teases and I can sense the smile on his voice.

"It's booorriing." I drag out, acting like a child.

"We can make it more fun." He replies, his voice becoming a little more husky.

My stomach flips.

"Hmmm...I don't know about that you said you need tutoring." I reply, trying to catch him out.

"Maybe I need tutoring in another subject?" He replies smoothly.

"Maths? Science?" I tease him, playing innocent. I hear him chuckle.

"I'm seriously lacking in sex education and I need a teacher." He says bluntly.

"Sorry I don't get extra credit for that." I continue annoying him.

"You get extra credit from me in other ways, now stop being difficult." He replies.

I laugh at him getting annoyed.

"Ok I'll be there." I reply simply.

"Finally!" He groans. "Okay I gotta go bye." He quickly says.

"See ya." I reply before hanging up the phone.

4 days until I have to tutor him again, I thought I got away with that. I groan and lie back on my bed. I better start planning it out then.

/ / / /

After almost half an hour of planning out the tutoring session, my phone rings again. I swear if this is Brad calling again- oh it's Charis. Finally!

"Hey!" I enthusiastically answer my phone.

"Hi." She chuckles. "Why are you so excited?"

"We just haven't spoke in a while, can we meet?" I ask her.

"Uh...yeah that's what I was actually calling about. I have some...news." She sounds nervous. Is she okay? Is this about Connor?

"Is everything okay?" I ask her worriedly.

"Yeah it's great I just need to tell you something." She laughs awkwardly.

"When are you free?" I change the subject because she seems to be struggling with this conversation.

"Now?" She asks with a really high pitch. Why is she so nervous to talk to me? We're best friends.

"Yeah I can meet now, fancy going Starbucks considering I'm not actually working there and someone can serve me for a change?" I laugh.

"Yeah that's sounds great." She laughs, sounding more comfortable.

"Ok see you in 10 minutes."

"Bye."

"Bye."

Why was she so weird? What the hell is happening? Has Connor actually been cheating on her? I thought I was just being crazy but she seems so nervous about telling me this. I sigh and put my jacket and shoes on, grabbing my keys and leaving my house immediately. I'm probably going to be there early but I can't stand hearing her like this.

After a few minutes, I arrive at Starbucks and enter the warm building. It's strange coming here without having to work. As I'm early, I buy myself a coffee and sit near a window because I know that's where Charis likes to sit.

Charis arrives a few minutes later, orders herself a drink and sits opposite me with a nervous smile on her face.

"Good choice on where to sit." She smiles.

"Well I know what you like." I laugh back, hoping to ease her into the conversation.

We both take silent sips of our drinks, I decide to give her as much time as she needs so I look out the window so she doesn't feel under pressure. Eventually, she clears her throat so I look back to her with a friendly smile.

"So...I um...need to tell you something." She stutters.

"Go ahead." I smile.

"Well basically...it hasn't been easy but me and Connor, we broke up." She says. I widen my eyes.

"Why? Are you okay?" I ask, fretting over her.

"I'm fine, well kinda and the reason why is what I actually have to tell you..." She genuinely looks like she's about to throw up all over the place, her face is so pale.

"Charis." I say reassuringly. "Just tell me, whatever it is you know I'll be supportive." I smile.

She nods and takes in a deep breath.

"Well I bumped into Megan a few days after you started working here and we got talking and then we realised we had a mutual friend...you." She laughs. Where is she going with this?

I nod.

"So we started talking more and met up for coffees and then...the night of that party..." I shiver at the thought. "She uh...she kissed me." Charis mutters. My eyes widen.

"Really?" I gasp. I definitely did not see this coming. Is that why Megan was acting weird? Does she have a thing for Charis?

"Yeah..." She nods, watching my reaction carefully.

"What did you do?" I ask her.

"I kissed her back." She mumbles.

A grin spreads across my face. Oh my god it all makes sense!

"Really?" I grin. "Do you like her? Oh my god have you been seeing each other? This is brilliant!" I rapidly speak.

"You're cool about this?" She asks sounding shocked.

"Do you know me at all? Of course I'm cool about this you idiot. Why wouldn't I be?" I roll my eyes whilst smiling.

"I don't know I just thought you'd hate me or you wouldn't want to be as close to me or get freaked out or something." She shrugs, smiling more as she realises I'm not going to do any of those things.

"If anything I love you even more for telling me that, and for picking a hot girl like Megan." I laugh. "So please tell me everything beginning to end, you have no choice in the matter." I joke.

Charis grins and begins to tell me everything from her and Megan secretly dating to her hiding Megan in public places when she saw me. We laugh and hug and cry a little before we part separate ways and I make it back to my house. Finally, the stress of worrying about my best friends has disappeared.

/ / / /

HIIII I needed a gay couple in my fanfic to get out my gay frustrations bc no one loves me and I'm sad:)))