59

"Yes, fine, whatever." Brad groans as I show him the fourth outfit out of five.

"Brad." I frown and put my hands on my hips. "I need an opinion."

"They all look fine, it's only dinner with my dad anyway what's the fucking point of dressing up?" He grunts and lays back on my bed.

"I want to make a good impression." I reply for the fiftieth time and look at myself in the mirror. The casual dress hangs loosely off of my body, it's cute but not what I want. "Aren't you going to change?" I ask him, looking at his usual black t-shirt and black jeans. I love the combination but it would be nice if he dressed up for the occasion.

"I'm not going." He answers monotonously.

Oh. Disappointment weighs me down as I realise my hopes were too high, yet again. Brad only came to take me there, not to actually attend. For a second I thought that he'd changed his mind and wanted to have dinner with me and his family, I'm such an idiot.

"Oh." I quietly reply and walk back to my wardrobe to change into my last option. I really hope I like this one.

I change into the tight white dress which clings to my skin but still feels casual with its long sleeves. Maybe this is a little too dressy?

"Brad?" I ask for his opinion again.

He groans and sits up from the bed to view my outfit. When his eyes come into contact with my outfit they widen and he breaks out into a strange coughing fit. Is he okay? He quickly recovers from coughing and spluttering and responds to me.

"Yeah um...nice. I like that one. You should choose that one." His eyes drag up and down my body as his tongue darts out to wet his lips.

My insides stir with the way he's looking at me so I decide to turn around and look away from his hungry stare so I don't get distracted. Unexpectedly, he starts coughing again, making me laugh as I turn back to face him with a raised eyebrow.

"You okay?" I chuckle and pick up my phone from my dresser.

"Fuck, yeah I'm fine just don't turn around again." His voice lowers as he stands up from the bed.

"Okay...well I'm ready to go." I force a smile. I wish he was coming with me, I'd really hoped he would have changed his mind by now.

He nods silently so I throw on my jacket and lead him downstairs. Thankfully, my aunt is not waiting for me so I can leave and go to the dinner without her harassing me with questions about Brad. I'll deal with that later. I sit in the passenger seat of Brad's car and try to ignore the tension that still remains in this stuffy car from earlier. How was that earlier today? It feels like I've been awake for a week. He starts the engine and drives me in silence, I want to turn on the radio but I have a feeling he would shout at me for it. So instead, I sit quietly and wait to arrive, well that's the plan, and it works successfully for about 10 minutes.

"You better text me." He ruins the plan.

"I wouldn't have to if you would just come with me." I sigh and rest my head on the window. Here comes another argument.

"I'm not fucking going, stop pushing me." He snaps as he pulls into a long road.

"Fine, I won't push you or text you." I cross my arms.

"God, you're so fucking difficult." He snaps. "Why can't you just do what I say and not complain?"

"Because I'm not one of your other fucking girls who do everything you ask." I snap back. I hate it when he talks to me like this, especially when I'm already nervous to meet his dad officially.