22

I shift my bag up on my shoulder as I walk through the busy corridor. Another day of boring school and I have a banging headache to go with it. How great! Tate hasn't spoken to me since yesterday and I'm a little hurt by it. I wish I cared more but I don't and I'm beginning to get really annoyed with my lack of emotion towards him. Everything just seems so crappy compared to when I'm with Brad.

I shake my head and open my locker to sort my stuff out for the day. I arrange everything before shutting it. I nearly jump out of my skin as a figure is revealed behind my locker door as I shut it. I frown at Brad who is leaning against the lockers next to me, staring intensely at me.

"What do you want?" I ask sternly, I really don't have time for his shit today.

He doesn't respond but continues to examine my facial features closely, I begin to feel uncomfortable until he looks up to my eyes.

"Morning Olivia." he says smoothly in his husky voice. My stomach flips.

"Morning Bradley." I respond back simply and rub my head to try and get rid of the pain.

"Are you okay? What's wrong?" Brad fusses over me very abruptly making me look up at him with a frown.

"I'm fine...just a headache." I respond, eyeing up his worried expression.

"Do you want pills or something?" Brad asks me and steps closer, resting his hand on my arm.

"No I'm fine it'll go off soon." I say quietly. Why is he caring so much?

He notices me looking so quizzically at him and changes his face back to its normal cocky self and steps away. My eyes float over his flawless features before resting on his lips. Such a pretty shape. Such a pretty colour. His lip ring fits so nicely on them.

"You should get more sleep." They make the shapes so intriguingly making his lip ring dance around.

"Huh?" I mumble and snap back up to his blank eyes.

"For your headache, you should sleep more." Brad repeats in his monotone voice.

"Oh..will do." I mumble and look down at my feet. "Is it that obvious I'm tired?" I laugh softly and look at him again.

"Not really." He says. "I can see it in your eyes." He looks into my eyes with that intense stare making me nervous but entranced.

I don't respond. I don't even remember what he said. I'm lost in his eyes, they say so much that he isn't actually saying. They hold so much more and I just wish I could see what was behind them. He is such a mystery but behind those harsh brown eyes is the real him.

"Anyway..." Brad coughs and looks to the ground bringing me back to reality. "I um..got stuff to do you know...got classes to ditch, teachers to piss off." He smirks at me and runs his hand through his curly hair.

"See you." I say with a small smile on my face.

"Catch you later." He turns around and walks away.

I sigh and rest my head against the cold metal of my locker. What the hell am I doing? I have a boyfriend, I don't even like Brad. I need to stop with this strange obsession with him, it's obviously just physical attraction and nothing else. My headache seems to be ten times worse after my encounter with Brad, my mind always seems to be crazy when I'm around him. He's a giant head fuck.

I stand up straight and make my way to my first lesson feeling like crap. I turn the corner to the next corridor as my phone buzzes. I have a message from Tate.

Meet me after school at your tree? I need to talk to you x

I sigh. I don't know if I can talk to him today my head is killing me, I feel emotionally drained. I'm kind of nervous about what he wants to talk about, what if he already wants to break up with me? I breathe in and out and walk into my first lesson, braving myself for the pain and boredom of the next hour.

/ / / /

FINALLY!!!!! My last lesson is over!! I practically jump out of the classroom so I can get this thing with Tate over and get the hell home. I need to just chill with Sam. I make my way outside and over to the tree which Tate is already leaning against.

"Hey." I say to get his attention as he doesn't see me. He stands up immediately and smiles awkwardly at me. The tension in the air is so uncomfortable I just want to run away and curl up in my bed.

"Hey." he smiles cutely. "Sit down with me?"

"Okay." I smile and sit down next to him against the familiar tree. Tate's hand reaches out to mine and holds it softly.

"I'm sorry. I was so out of order I don't even know what was going through my mind. I don't care about any of that, I care about you. A lot actually." he says softly. My heart melts. I turn to look at him, his green eyes look deeply into mine.

"I felt like all you wanted with me was sex." I look down.

His hand gently rests underneath my chin and lifts it slowly until I look at him. His hands move to either side of my face.

"I'm so sorry. I really didn't mean that. I really like you, a lot. I think this could go somewhere really special and I don't want to mess it up." Tate smiles.

"So do I." I smile back.

"You forgive me?" He grins.

"Yeah." I nod. "Everyone makes mistakes and I'm not ready to give this up over a mistake." I smile sweetly.

Tate pulls me into a hug, his scent overwhelms me making me feel comforted, his hand strokes my back softly. He pulls away and looks into my eyes before leaning in and kissing me softly and tenderly. His lips move slowly with mine and I'm beginning to love the tingly feelings running up my body even more. His arm trails slowly up mine before resting on my cheek, leaving a trail of goosebumps behind him.

He pulls away after a few seconds and smiles at me adorably making me giggle. I really like Tate. Our eye contact is suddenly interrupted by the loud noise of a door slamming. We both look towards the door next to where we are sat to see a figure marching down the hallway away from the door, probably some pathetic drama going on in the school.

/ / / / /

This chapter moved really fast idk. Very very sorry about disappearing for ages.