12

"Okay Sam I'm leaving now!" I shout through the house whilst running down the stairs.

It's currently 10am on a Sunday and I'm about to start my first job. It's nothing big, just a small Starbucks round the corner but it's good pay. Sam comes out of the kitchen with a smile on her face.

"Okay have fun, don't get into trouble on your first day." She hugs me and kisses my cheek before I slide on my trainers and leave the house.

I start the short walk to Starbucks and regret being alone. My head fills with thoughts as it has nothing else to do. Thoughts about kissing Brad yesterday, faint blurry thoughts about things that happened at the party. I need to just stay away from him. He's not good for me, he wants me for one thing and one thing only. Sex.

Thankfully, I reach Starbucks and push open the door to the almost empty building, the warmth comforting me instantly. I walk to the back of the counter and into a small room behind it like the woman told me when she hired me. A short brown haired woman stands in front of me with a green apron and a huge smile.

"Hello, my name is Kate." She smiles and holds her hand out to me.

I shake her hand smiling, she kinda makes you want to smile.

"Hi, I'm Liv." I smile.

"Nice to meet you Liv. I'm in charge of this place so you'll be seeing a lot of me."

"Nice to meet you too." I reply.

"As you know you will be working every Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and you will be working alongside Megan who should be here right now." Kate tells me whilst frowning, checking her watch.

"Oh hey that's me." I hear a voice behind me panting before I turn around.

She has longish brown hair and brown eyes and I can't help but admire the way she dresses. That sounds incredibly creepy but I mean she's dressed like a tumblr girl and I want her clothes. That didn't sound any better did it?

"Sorry for being late on the first day my bus was late." She sighs and smiles at me. "Hey I'm Megan." She holds out her hand and I notice her Scottish accent.

"I'm Liv." I smile back shaking her hand. I hope I can start working soon so I don't have to keep smiling so much.

Kate goes through a few things like how to work the machines before handing us both a green apron matching hers and sending us off to work. I think it was empty for about half an hour before our first customer walked in and I served him his drink. Then I think I waited another 10 minutes before people started arriving and eventually the place filled up.

I rest my cheek on my hand on the counter, wishing I'd brought my headphones or something. The familiar pinging sound that signals a new customer walking through the door sounds making me lift my head.

Shit.

Shit shit shit shit shit.

In walks Brad with his little gang. WHY IS HE EVERYWHERE I GO? There's him, 3 other boys and a girl clinging onto one of the other boys. I roll my eyes and stand up straight to serve this arrogant prick. When Brad notices it's me his eyes widen before turning into his usual shitty smirk.

"Well hello there Olivia, didn't know you worked here." He smirks.

"It's my first day. How can I help you?" I fake smile at him making him chuckle.

"Well I would like a coffee, James what would you like?" He turns to face the blonde boy with the girl on him who I saw talking to Brad in the hallway once. He's significantly taller than Brad but equally covered in tattoos and piercings.

"Uh hot chocolate." He grunts.

"Dylan?" Brad asks the other boy who is the same height as Brad but with brown hair and blue eyes.

"Na nothing mate." He replies, he surprisingly has no tattoos or piercings.

"What about you Alex?" He asks the girl, she has her blonde hair in a high pony tail and I have to admit she looks very pretty. Maybe she will have some kind of manners?

"Strawberry Frappé." She states simply. Maybe not.

"Did you get all that?" Brad smiles innocently at me.

"Yes." I mumble and begin getting their drinks ready.

"Why don't you guys go sit down and I'll bring our drinks over?" Brad suggests to the group.

They shrug and go over to a table to sit down.

"So..." He says once they've all gone. "Still thinking about our kiss?"

I look up to see his smirking face that I just want to slap.

"No why the hell would I?" I snap at him and see Megan eyeing us up suspiciously in the far corner.

"Well it was pretty memorable if I do say so myself." I ignore him and continue with the drinks.

"I disagree, I've completely forgotten."

"It's okay I'll remind you. We were kissing, you were on the counter with your legs open and moaning my name-"

"I did not moan your name." I look up at him with anger.

"Oh so you do remember." He smirks.

"Shut up." I mumble and finally finish his order. "That will be £7.50 please." I fake smile and hand him his drinks.

He hands me the money making his fingers brush against mine which creates some kind of feeling in my stomach. Why? I look down at the money and back up at his smirking face before he walks over to his group with his drinks in his hands. I put the money in the till and run my hand through my hair sighing.

"I'm gonna just go outside for a minute." I tell Megan and walk into the small room and out of the fire exit, sitting on the floor with my knees up to my chest.

What the hell is happening to me? Why do I feel these things when he touches me? Why do I want to kiss him but hate him at the same time? Why did he have to come along and make me feel so fucking messed up?

I hear the door open and look up to see Megan coming to sit down next to me.

"Hey." She says.

"Hi." I reply.

"Are you okay?"

"Kind of."

"Do you want to talk about it?" She says softly.

"Not really." I chuckle.

"Are you sure? I'm a really good listener."

We make eye contact and smile. I like her.

"I'm sure, it's kind of stupid. Thank you though I appreciate it." I say, not wanting to tell her what's going on.

"No problem." She smiles and stands up. "I better go back considering no one is out there right now." She laughs.

"Help me up?"

She holds her hand out and pulls me up. I pull her into a hug.

"Thank you."

"No problem." She smiles as we pull away and walk back to the counter.

/ / / /

This is so shit I apologise but it's been like a year since I updated so it will have to do.

THERES A FEW NEW CHARACTERS HOW DO U LIKE MEGAN?