9

It's the 4th of February aka the 4th anniversary of my mothers death. You probably expect me to be distraught but I'm not, I'm used to it. This day has come four times before, I can handle it again. Obviously I'm sad and I miss her so much, but I have to cope with it because I can't change the fact that she's dead and will never be with me again. The sad thing is Charis is busy and Tristan still won't talk to me so I'm alone for today.

I walk downstairs and into the kitchen to see my aunt sitting at the table with a cup of tea and the local newspaper.

"Morning." I smile and join her at the table.

"Morning to you too." She smiles back, only looking at me for a second before focusing her attention back onto the newspaper. "Have you got any plans for today?"

"No, Charis and Tristan are both busy." I sigh, not wanting to tell her that Tris isn't talking to me.

"Well don't you have any other friends?"

"Sam you know I don't. People don't tend to go for the weirdo girl who keeps herself to herself and studies all the time." I laugh.

Suddenly my phone beeps, I furrow my eyebrows, I thought Charis and Tristan were busy? I unlock my phone to see I have a text from an unknown number.

'Hey it's Brad, can't wait to see you at my party tonight;)'

What the hell? I definitely did not give him my number.

"Is that a friend?" She asks, taking a sip of her tea.

"No." I laugh at him even being considered as a friend. "It's just some idiot asking, well, telling me to go to his party tonight." I snigger whilst replying to his text asking him where the hell he got my number from.

"You should go!" Sam squeals excitedly, putting her newspaper down.

"No way, I don't even like him."

"Come on, you could make some new friends. Also you know what today is, it would be a good distraction. Being alone today is not good for you." She sympathetically smiles, the kind of sympathetic smile I despise. I absolutely hate people feeling sorry for me.

"I don't know, he's not the kind of person I like to be around. Anyway I'm fine being alone today." I smile convincingly.

"Just think about it, it could be good for you." She smiles and picks her newspaper back up. I stand up and walk back upstairs, I plop back onto my bed and sigh as my phone beeps.

'I have my ways;) Party starts at 8, see you there, I'll text my address later'

I save Brad's number and bite my lip, should I go? No. Of course I'm not going. Just the way he's texted me assuming I'm going pissed me off and the way he got my number without me giving him it. I definitely couldn't stand being in his house with him he would annoy me way too much. I'm also not exactly jumping at the idea of going to a party hosted by the person who groped me against my will at another party. I don't need a distraction I'm fine.

-----------------

Okay I need a distraction. For some reason I decided to go through old photos of us. Just seeing my mum standing there smiling so brightly next to my dad and me in the middle, tiny and happy. I miss it so much and I hate that it's been stolen from me. Everything's been stolen from me.

I sit up on my bed and wipe the tears from my face, Sam was right. I can't be alone today and I do need a distraction and alcohol sounds like a fucking great one right now. Brad texted me his address an hour ago so I know exactly where to go and it's only 7:45 so I'll be a little late. I stand up, pleased with my decision, as I walk over to my wardrobe and pull out a tight, short, white dress. This is what people wear to party's right? I undress and slip it on before brushing my hair again and putting on some mascara. I'm definitely not making an effort, I just want to get pissed and have a good time. I step into some white heels, grab a bag and make my way downstairs.

"Sam I'm going to that party!" I shout through the house as I unlock the door.

"Okay be back before it's light again!" She shouts back, this is why I love her.

I throw my phone and keys into my bag after shutting the door and beckon a taxi to take me to Brad's house. This will be good, at least I won't be alone.

////

Hi have an update there's gonna be a second part to this and omg shit goes down I swear I love this book.

I accidentally updated earlier soz about that