61

Hey, what are you doing right now?

I look down at my phone on my lap and quickly reply to Brad, telling him I'm with Tristan. We decided to get dinner together because Sam is at work all night and I didn't want fast food again, we invited Charis but she was busy with Megan so I left it at that before too many details were shared.

"Are you eating that?" Tris asks me, eyeing up my bacon.

"Yes." I laugh. "Stop trying to eat everything in sight." I joke.

"Sorry, it's a talent." He shrugs and continues eating his own food as my phone vibrates again. "You can text, you know?" He laughs.

"I don't want to be rude." I pout but he shakes it off.

"It's fine." He assures me.

I pick up my phone and open Brad's message.

Where?

Oh no.

You're not coming, don't even think about coming and ruining my good time.

He responds instantly.

I won't ruin it, I want to bond with your friend:)

I scoff to myself because I know he's full of shit.

Sorry, not telling you.

I smile a satisfied smile because I know there's no way he can come and find me and ruin the good day I'm having with Tris. However, when he responds I choke on my bacon.

Found you, be there in 5 minutes;)

What? How did he find me? Is he some kind of stalker? He's just going to come and be mean to Tristan or me and I won't have it. Why does he even want to come?

"What?" Tristan asks me with a concerned expression.

Then I realise that Tristan doesn't even know about Brad and I'm pretty sure he hates him after the whole punching incident. Fuck. I feel myself paling at the thought of telling him and seeing the disappointment on his face, I can't face losing him again.

"Liv? You're scaring me." He tries to awkwardly laugh.

"Brad's coming." I say simply, afraid of upsetting him.

"Brad?" He asks with confusion and then his face changes as realisation hits him. "Brad Simpson?" He scoffs. "Why the hell would he be coming here? Why are you texting him?" He angrily asks me.

"Tris I-I haven't been very honest with you." I stutter, looking down at my hands.

"What do you mean? Liv?" He leans forwards. "Don't be nervous, you can tell me." He assures me softly.

Well I'm going to have to, Brad will be here any minute and Tris needs to know before he turns up. I know Brad will do anything to rub it in his face that we're...whatever we are and I don't want to hurt Tristan. Oh god, Brad doesn't even know about Tristan kissing me. I'm a bit too overwhelmed right now.

"We're kind of a thing." I quietly admit but I can tell he hears me by his silence.

"A thing." He repeats with wide eyes. "What kind of thing?"

"Nothing serious really just..."

"Sex." He finishes for me, my cheeks heat up but I nod because officially, that's all we are. "Wow." He gasps. "I didn't think he'd be your type."

"Neither did I." I agree, watching his reaction carefully as his face goes through about ten different emotions before settling on confused.

"This is really weird and confusing." He frowns. "I don't particularly like him but if it's what you're happy with then I'll be a supportive friend and deal with it." He smiles.