Chapter 31

Sheryl

"You need to stop worrying so much, you'll stress yourself out" I was looking at nick but I was just daydreaming. Even though I was still angry with krys I couldn't help

But worry. "Hello, anybody there?" Nick was waving his hand in front of my face..

"Yeah.. Sorry" I whispered.

"You ok?" He asked looking concerned. I sighed then snapped back to reality.

"I'm fine, just worried about her nick, I could try and help her a bit more instead of watching her destroy her life, which she will do if she keeps going on like this." I took a sip of my coffee and there was silence for a few seconds.

"I just can't believe she's taking drugs, she's not like that.. Well obviously she must be but.. Look don't beat yourself up about it. You've tried to tell her about Emily but unfortunately she won't listen." Nick was folding up his crisp packet and tying it in a knot then he would take it apart and do it again, I grabbed the packet from his hand.

"Stop it!" He grinned at me. "Nick please don't say anything about the drugs, I know I can trust you, if more people find out krys might get expelled." I looked into his eyes and I knew he wouldn't say anything, I just wanted to make sure though.

"I won't say a word, trust me" he smiled..

After school I hurried to my car, dad wanted to take me for dinner tonight, he was back for one night and wanted just the two of us to go for dinner, something weird was happening.. My guess is that nat is pregnant and he wants to break it to me in public so I don't cause a scene. Not that I would cause a scene, I don't know how I would feel about that to be honest. I'm sure I wouldn't mind that much. Unlocking my car I noticed Krystel sitting on the grass, she looked sad. I made my way over and kneeled down beside her.

"Hey, you ok krys?" I asked quietly. She looked at me and I could see she was close to tears.

"Get lost Sheryl. Don't pretend you care! We're not friends anymore, and that's the way it's gonna stay. You don't want anything to do with me and I feel the same about you. You've turned MY friends against me even though it was me go introduced you to them. I hate you Sheryl!" Looking in her eyes you could tell she meant what she said.. Wow.. I couldn't really say anything back to that, it hurt like hell. I got up and walked back to my car, I just sat there for a few minutes trying to stop myself from crying. Taking a few deep breaths I started the car and drove back home. When I got in dad and nat were in the living room talking quietly, I thought about listening in on their conversation to see if I could find out what was going on. "Is that you sweetie?" My dad called out. Damn I guess that was my plan out the window!

"Yep, it's me" I said walking through to them. They both just stood there smiling at me, this was getting a bit weird now.

"Are you ready then cause I'm starving!" I smiled. Dad grabbed his keys and gave nat a quick kiss.

"Don't you wanna come too nat?" I asked knowing that there was no way she was coming.

"I've got loads of work to catch up babe, you guys have fun though" I knew she was lying but I just smiled and followed dad out to the car..

Pulling up to the restaurant it looked nice, quite fancy but not too posh. I couldn't stand those posh restaurants, I would be totally out of place there. Julia Roberts in pretty woman, that would be me!

"I have a table reserved for Kennedy" my dad said to the man, he smiled and showed us to our table. I grabbed the menu and started scanning it.

"I'll have the lasagne please, can I have chips and garlic bread please" I smiled sweetly. We ordered the food and got a drink, I noticed dad had gone a bit quiet now. He was fidgeting too, he only done that when he was nervous.