Chapter 26

Krystel

Have you ever had such a bad headache where you think it might just explode at any minute? Well I had one right now..

I'm glad mum and dad were in bed when I got home last night because I wasn't in the best state. My mum had heard me being sick at 6 this morning so she's convinced I have flu.. The truth? I have a nasty hangover.. See I went round to Emily's and she was with some friends, Angela included. They were all whispering and secretive, I was going to leave but she convinced me to have a drink. I swear I only had a couple and I'm normally fine after a couple but last night was a different story. I just remember laughing and drinking, I don't remember getting home? I never drink during the week and even when I do have a drink normally I never end up feeling like this the next day. I feel like I've been hit by a truck ten times!

Mum came in to check on me "you sure you'll be ok sweetie?" She kissed my forehead.

"Yeah, I'll just sleep it off. Probably a 24 hour thing" I smiled.

"Ok, well call me if you need me honey" she got up and left to go to work. As soon as she'd left I ran to the bathroom, this was gonna be a long day..

My phone woke me, I put my hand out to feel for my phone and answered it.

"Yeah?" I mumbled not paying attention to who it was.

"Come and let me in"

I blinked my eyes a couple of times "is that you Sheryl?"

"No, it's Britney Spears!" She answered sarcastically.

"Back door is open" I chucked my phone back on the side and waited, then I heard the footsteps coming up the stairs. The door suddenly flew open and Sheryl was standing at the bottom of my bed.

"So.. What's wrong with you?"

"Just a bug I think" I tried to focus on her standing there.

"Ok well that's bullshit! Why do you have a hangover on a school day? Was that Emily's little surprise? Hmm? Getting you drunk. Great influence she is" she sat on the bed next me looking at me. Oh god, I really didn't want her to see me looking like this.

"Just because I look a state doesn't mean I have a hangover Sheryl" I sat up rubbing my eyes.

"You could never look a state" she sighed. "I know you have a hangover because I've had plenty before, I'm not as stupid as I look krys"

"I only had a couple, chill out"

Sheryl tried to look me in the eye but I turned away.

"Krys, look at me a sec"

I looked her in the eye and she didn't say anything for a good minute.

"Go for a shower then I'll make you some soup, it'll make you feel better"

I didn't wanna argue so I went for a shower then headed downstairs. Sheryl had some soup ready and a drink. I sat down at the table and began eating the soup..

"Thanks for coming to check on me sher" I smiled.

"Well I care. Good friends are hard to find. Don't forget that babe"

"I won't" taking a sip of my drink I was beginning to feel half normal again."Emily didn't force me to drink so you can't blame her."

"I'm not blaming anybody. Just be careful. I better get going but i'll see you tomorrow at school I hope?"

I stood up and walked her over to the door.

"Yep, definitely"

"Good, bye then" she smiled and walked off to her car. I waved then shut the door.

I went back up to my room and just lay watching tv for a while. Bits and pieces were coming back from the night before. Angela was talking me and actually being friendly, that was weird. I remembered the party at the weekend, should I still go? I don't like Angela, she's not a nice person so why would I go to her party? That was a big two faced. I was only going for Emily though. My phone started ringing, it was Emily. Probably ringing to check on me.

"Hey you" I answered

"Are you free tonight?"

"I'm not feeling great actually. You can come over though and we can watch a movie?" I asked hopefully.

"Sorry baby gotta run, I'll call you back" she said hanging up..

Oh, she didn't even ask if I was ok? I wish she was a bit more like Sheryl sometimes. She was perfect to me.

I heard mum and dad both getting in around five thirty. Mum was straight up to check on me, said I looked a bit better. I definitely felt a bit better than I had this morning. I went downstairs and had some dinner with mum and dad then went for a hot bubbly bath. Putting some comfy pjs on I went to climb into bed.

"I just changed you sheets honey. You'll feel better getting in a nice fresh bed. I've left the bowl incase you feel sick. Just get a goodnight a sleep sweetie" she picked up the old sheets and smiled.

"Thanks mum" I kissed her goodnight and climbed into bed.. "And hey mum?"

"Yes honey?" She looked back.

"I love you"

"Nowhere near as much as I love you, now get some sleep" she shut the door and I picked a film to watch until I fell asleep, my eyes were closing and I was drifting into a nice sleep when my phone rang and made me jump. I looked at the screen thinking it would be Emily but it was Sheryl.

"Hello" I answered sleepily.

"Just checking you're in your bed."

I laughed "you're worse than my mum Sheryl"

"Shut up you! How you feeling?"

"Better than I did, just tired really."

"That's good. Have you heard from Emily?" She asked.

"Ehm yeah"

"Good, she should be looking after you. I would if you were my girlfriend"

"You look after me anyway, you're so sweet.. And anyway she's not my girlfriend" I said matter of factly. I'm sure I heard Sheryl sighing.

"Whatever. Well I best go get my beauty sleep, I definitely need it" she laughed.

"You don't need it" I replied maybe a little too quickly.

"Too cute little lady. Well I'll let you go babe"

I went quiet for a few seconds "Sheryl?"

"Yeah? Something wrong?"

"Can you maybe stay on the phone until I fall asleep? You don't have to talk, it's just nice to know you're there" I asked nervously, she would probably think I was really weird now. She went quiet then laughed a little.

"Just when I thought you couldn't get any cuter! Course I will babe..what you watching?" She asked.

"Family guy"

I heard her changing the channel. "Ok I've got it on too, lets watch it together"

I smiled to myself "thanks sher" we just lay there watching tv not talking until I finally drifted off to sleep..

Hey guys, I'll make my next chapter longer. Hope your enjoying it so far :)