Chapter 1

First story so it won't be the best, sorry :)

Krystel

"Krystel, if you're not down here in 5 minutes I will be up there and I'll sing... I'll sing my bloody heart out!"

I groaned looking at the alarm with one eye open. 7.45 ugh, far too early. Mum obviously knew how much I couldn't stand her singing. I smiled to myself, got out of my bed and surfaced downstairs to my mum, who was humming along to the radio. "Thought that would do the trick, good morning sweetheart, I've made your favourite."

I eyed up my plate of two boiled eggs and toast cut into soldiers. I don't care how old I am, this will always be my favourite.

"Morning mum, thanks for breakfast," I said sleepily. It normally took me a while to actually wake up. I loved my mum to bits, she and my dad had been together since they were teenagers. My father worked in marketing and advertising, I didn't know much about that apart from it was a massive building and they used a lot of words I didn't understand. He was always smartly dressed and took great care of himself. He was very busy, but never too busy for family. My mum was a dentist, she was a bit ditzy at times, but I wouldn't change her.

"It's lasagne for dinner tonight, honey. I've gotta run or I'll be late, see you tonight," she kissed my forehead and ran out the door with a slice of toast in her hand. I was finishing off my breakfast when I heard laughing, "Not gonna get very far without my car keys now, am I?" she said laughing away to herself, obviously finding this hilarious.

"Not really mum, have a nice day."

"Thanks, bye."

I was an only child so I never had to fight over who got in the bathroom first -which was great. I went upstairs and picked out something to wear and jumped in the shower. After I had put a little make up on, I was good to go, so I grabbed my things and walked the 10 minute walk to school. I quite liked school, I guess you could say I was in the 'popular' crowd, but I liked to be friends with everybody. I would hang around with a group of six: there's me, Nick, Joey and Justin, or dumb and dumber, as we call them. And not to forget Paige and Angela. Paige and Justin were on and off like a prostitutes clothes. Paige has been my best friend for 5 years and Angela was ok. I suppose, she could be quite bitchy and that annoyed me.

I spotted them sitting by the lockers.

"Hey guys," I said cheerily.

"Hey Kris, Angela's just filling us in on the new girl," said Joey rolling his eyes.

"Oh yeah, have you seen her then Angela?" I asked, not really caring about the answer.

"Yep, she's nowhere near as pretty as me, so that's all I care about," she laughed. God she really did love herself.

Angela wasn't ugly but she certainly wasn't pretty either.