Chapter 38

Krystel

It was 10.15 when I woke up, my throat was so dry and I felt sick. I don't know why I was doing this, it always made me feel so much worse the next day. There was a knock on the door before Sheryl came in with a cup of tea and some toast.

"Here you go, might make you feel a bit better" I sat up and took it from her.

"Thank you Sheryl" she sat down on the end of the bed. I hated how we felt like strangers to each other.

"I don't understand why you are doing this to yourself? You've turned into one of them. You're better than that"

"I don't know either, I'm just stupid. I wish we could just go back to how we used to be."

"Well to be honest I don't see us going back to how we used to be. I thought you were my best friend and you just ditched me for them. You took Emily's word over mine, you turned into a person that I really don't like" Sheryl looked me in the eye and I felt terrible, our friendship was definitely over then. We both sat in silence for a few minutes, I didn't know what to say, I didn't want to beg for her friendship.

"Look, you can stay here for a while, go back to sleep or whatever, then go home tonight. Nobody will come in my room. I've got somewhere to be, so I'll leave you to it. Help yourself to some clothes if you want"

"Thanks Sheryl" she got up and walked out. I honestly just felt like running away, I wanted to sort myself out but I just felt so alone. I just wanted to forget for a while. Putting my cup on the side I got up and went to the toilet and had a quick shower, didn't make me feel much better though. By the time I'd showered it was 11.30am, I crawled back into sheryls bed and fell asleep again for a while..

..

Sheryl

My phone started ringing just I was leaving the house..

"Hey nick, you ok?"

"Yeah, where did you go last night? We were worried"

"Aw sorry, that guy was trying to get krys to go back to his so i let her stay at mine. Please tell Jenny I didn't mean to be rude"

"It's ok, is Krystel alright then?"

"She'll be fine.. Anyway babe I'm just in the car, going to meet the woman that brought me into this world"

"Just call her mum" he laughed.

"No I won't just call her mum! Anyway I'm gonna drive now, so I'll speak to you later, bye"

"Bye"

When i Pulled up to the house, I double checked the address. I was supposed to meet her here the first time but I felt more comfortable in a public place with plenty of strong coffee. I quickly got my phone out and sent sarah a text..

{hi just to let you know that Krystel is at mine and she's fine. xx}

Getting out of my car I locked it and walked towards the door, it opened before I even had the chance to knock.

"Hi honey, I'm glad you came, come in in"

she smiled leaving the door opened for me to follow her. I shut the door behind me and followed her to the living room, it was a small flat, cosy and perfect for 2 people. The decor was alright, it had a lot of potential definitely.

"Do you want a drink? Beer? Wine?"

"Um no thanks, I'm driving. A coffee would be great though, just 2 sugars please"

She disappeared into the kitchen for a few minutes, I looked about the room looking for pictures, there wasn't really any apart from 1 of an older man, her dad I was guessing. Coming back through she had a coffee and a glass of wine in her hands.