Chapter 22

Sheryl

Thank God, it was Friday. I'd had a crap week. I was still annoyed at Krys but I really missed her company. I'd had a lot of time to think this week. At lunch I noticed the guys and Krys in the canteen so I got my lunch and made my way over.

"Hey guys, what's up?" I said sitting next to them. Krys just looked at me, she looked sad.

"Hey Sheryl we were just talking about crushes-who's your crush?" Joey asked. I gulped, everybody was looking at me, including Krys. And funnily enough she was the first person who came into my head.

"Nobody in this school," I laughed, hoping they'd change the subject.

"Oh come on there must be one person?" said Nick.

"Nope, nobody!" I said continuing to eat my lunch. The guys talked more about there's then left to go play football. I was left with Krystel. I didn't have the chance to say anything before she got up and walked off. Finishing off my lunch, I went to get a coffee.I needed one! On my way I was looking for what spare change I had left when I looked up and saw Krystel behind the lockers kissing a girl. I didn't know the girl, I'd seen her around school but that was it. I just stood there for a minute, it kinda hurt that she was with another girl. I just walked out of school and headed to my car. It couldn't be her girlfriend because I'd know about it, maybe it was just a one off. Why was I so bothered about it anyway? Was I jealous? I love Krystel to bits but surely it's not right to think about your best friend all the time and be bothered when she kissed someone else. That's when it hit me, I like her more than a friend. I was upset she left Sunday morning and now I'm jealous she's kissing somebody else. My head was all over the place! Does this mean I'm a lesbian? I drove away from the school and went to clear my head for a bit.

The house was empty when I got back so I got changed then pulled my laptop out. Logging onto Facebook, I replied to some messages and stuff then Krystel's name popped up, she was online.

{I miss u like a child misses their blanket :( xxx} I wrote to her. I looked at it for a good ten minutes before building up the courage to press send. I hope she replies. I ran downstairs to get a drink quickly and when I got back I had a new message.

{I miss u more. Thought u hated me? Xxx} God, how could I hate her?

{I could never hate u. Make up? ;) xxx}

{yeah make up :) so how are u? Xxx}

{rubbish. Do u have a new gf?xxx} I waited a little longer for the reply to that question.

{no, if u mean Emily we are just having fun! Nothing serious xxx}

What the hell? Just having fun? That didn't sound like Krystel at all. I didn't say anything though because I didn't want another argument.

{oh, ok.} I replied.

{I know what ur thinking but as Emily says you are only young once.}

{she sounds delightful lol anyway do u wanna come to the zoo with me tommorow?xxx}

{really?xxx}

{yep! Be ready for 9?xxx}

{will do ;) xxxx}

I shut down the laptop and went downstairs for food. Krystel had never even mentioned Emily before, where did she come from? I suppose I'll hear all about her tommorow, something to look forward to. Deciding to have an early night I went up and got ready for bed.