Chapter 5

Krystel

"Mum? Dad? Anybody home?" I shouted throwing my bag down by the door.

"In the office, sweetheart," I heard my dad shout back from the office. He had turned the spare room into an office so he could work from home sometimes.

"Hey, dad." I smiled while standing at the door of the office.

"Hi, how was school?" he asked glancing up from his computer for a split second.

"Oh same as always dad, pretty boring."

"Oh, you will think differently when you are older. Then you will be wishing you were back there." he said grinning.

"I doubt it dad, anyway, I'll be upstairs if you need me," I said turning away.

"Okay well, it's stir fry for dinner tonight. It'll be ready in half an hour."

"Okidoki," I shouted half way up the stairs. Quickly getting changed into something more comfortable, I lay on my bed and phoned Paige.

{Hey Paige, what are you up to?}

{Oh hey Krys. Not much really, just getting ready to go to cinema.}

{Oh cool, you got a date with Justin then?} Paige laughed awkwardly.

{Haha no, we are just friends now. I'm going with Angela.}

Angela? Since when were they so close?

{Oh right, you two seem to be getting on great.}

{Yeah, she's actually really nice, Krys. The only reason we didn't invite you is you like to get your homework done during the week and go out at weekends.}

What the hell was with that bullshit excuse?! They knew I would've went they just obviously didn't want to invite me.

{Well, I better go Paige my dad is calling me for dinner, bye} I hung up, not waiting for her to say bye. I was annoyed. How can she think Angela is nice?

I went downstairs to have dinner with mum and dad. I was a bit quiet at dinner, since I was still very annoyed at Paige. Washing up after me, I had a drink then grabbed my bag and headed upstairs to do some homework on my computer. 'May as well do it so my weekend is free,' I thought sarcastically to myself. I had been sitting at the computer for about an hour when mum knocked on my door.

"Hi mum," I said rubbing my eyes. She had some clean washing in her hand, putting it on my bed and she sat down.

"Are you okay, honey? You've been very quiet tonight..."

"Well, do you know Angela?"

Mum rolled her eyes, "Oh that horrid girl you and Paige hang around with."

I laughed a little, "Yeah that's her. Well, she and Paige seem to be getting closer, they've even gone to the cinema together and didn't invite me because I had homework. Anyway Angela was really mean to the new girl and Paige was laughing along with her. It's like she's changing," I turned round to look at mum.

"Unfortunately, people change, honey. Paige obviously wants to fit in and be popular, and most of the time that means being nasty towards other people. I know you two are close, but if she's going to start acting this way maybe you should try and make new friends?"

"I still have the guys to talk to. I just hope she doesn't turn into another Angela."

My mum stood up. "Don't worry darling and don't stay up too late. You look tired." She kissed me on the forehead.

"I won't mum," I smiled.

I sighed. This homework was no longer making sense to me so I gave up. I checked on my Facebook account before coming off the computer. I looked at Angela's wall and saw her status: 'little date night with my bff :)'

God, she's such a bitch. I have just realised that besides Angela and Paige I have no girl friends. Then Sheryl popped into my head. She seemed quite nice. Then I wondered if she had Facebook. 'Who doesn't have Facebook nowadays Krystel??' I started typing her name not expecting to find anything when a picture popped up. It was her, she had sunglasses on her head and was with a boy. Her boyfriend maybe? Would she think I was a stalker if I added her? Nah, she seems cool and I'm just being friendly. I clicked the button and the request was sent. 'Oh shit, I shouldn't have done that. I don't even know her, she'll think I'm weird.. Oh well,' I thought. It's done now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I will be updating more tonight :)