Chapter 62

Sheryl

It was Saturday afternoon and we were all at the arcade playing some pool. Krys was playing against Justin and I was enjoying the view. I couldn't help it with her, I felt like everyday I was falling more and more in love. Sure, she had drove me crazy at times and made some bad decisions in the past but who doesn't make mistakes in life? None of that mattered now anyway, I was just glad she was my girlfriend.

"Babe.. You're putting me off!" Krys giggled.

"What? I'm not doing anything," I grinned.

"I can feel you staring at me. Perv."

"Don't know what you're on about Krys, I'm just watching the game," I smiled innocently.

Nick and I sat talking while they continued their game. Krys kept catching my eye and flashing that cheeky smile of hers. God, I have it bad. Hearing my phone vibrate on the table, I picked it up. That stupid number - this was the fifth time in the time period of an hour. I was really considering changing my number now, it was getting beyond a joke. Switching it off I looked up and noticed Krys standing there. Nick got up to go play Justin and Krys sat down beside me.

"Who keeps calling you?" She frowned.

"Just an old friend, not in the mood to talk though," I smiled.

"This old friend has been trying to get your attention for a while now, Sheryl. How stupid do you think I am?"

She stood up and shot me a dirty look before walking away from me. She looked seriously pissed off and I didn't like it.

"Babe...wait!"

It was too late though, she was gone. I got up and ran after her. After a few minutes I caught up. Grabbing her arm, I stopped her.

"Let me explain, please."

"Explain what? That you've met somebody else?" She said with tears in her eyes.

"What? No! Why the hell would I want anybody else when I have you?"

"Maybe because you deserve better than me? Don't blame you anyway."

"Look, stop being silly babe. You're shivering. Lets go sit in my car, please?"

My hand slid down and found hers, I led her back to my car and opened the door for her.

"I'm sorry baby, I should of just told you. I'm such an idiot."

I felt so guilty looking at Krys, she looked so sad. Lifting my hand I wiped a tear from her eye.

"There's nobody else, stop saying I deserve better. You're perfect to me, babe. You're the first thing I think of in the morning and the last thing at night. You make me happy, I'm completely in love with you. I've been getting weird phone calls, I don't know who it is and I guess I just didn't wanna worry you."

"Weird phone calls?"

"Yep... Somebody thinks it's funny to keep calling me and breathing down the phone. Probably trying to scare me, but honestly it's just really annoying me now."

"I thought you were gonna leave me for someone else."

"Well I'm not, you're more than enough for me, babe," I laughed.

We talked for a little longer until Krys calmed down. I guess it was stupid of me to keep it from her. If it had been the other way around I'd of been paranoid. We went back inside to say goodbye to the guys then I drove Krys home.

I was feeling quite tired so I decided to spend the rest of the day watching movies in bed. Noticing I had a missed call, I assumed it was that number again but when I picked up my phone it was my mum. Quickly changing into something more comfortable I got into bed, I called her back to see what she wanted.