Chapter 33

Krystel

Putting the last of my make up on I stared at myself in the mirror for a few minutes.. I was looking quite tired and a little skinnier than usual. I just put it down to stress, nothing a good few nights sleep wouldn't fix. I had my outfit laying on the bed ready so I got on with doing my hair. I had just over and hour until I was to meet Emily to go to the party, still wasn't quite in the mood for it but I'm sure that would change when I got there.

I could smell Emily's cheap perfume before I even seen her, I really didn't like her perfume it was like something a Middle Aged woman would wear, even then it would have to be a pretty old fashioned middle aged woman, but each to their own! Emily was standing outside her house she turned around and smiled at me

"Hey baby" she smirked. She was wearing a short white dress and black heels and she looked freezing.

"Hey, you not cold?" I asked noticing her shivering.

"No I'm fine, lets go" we only had a 10 minute walk fortunately.

"Aren't we a little early? I thought the later you went to a party the cooler it was, it's only 5.30" Emily looked at her watch and smiled.

"No silly we are all having a few drinks before the party, that way we'll all be relaxed" grabbing my hand we made our way inside, Angela, Paige and a few guys were sitting drinking and smoking. I really just wanted this night to be over with.

"Here you girls, sit down" said a curly haired guy handing us drinks as we sat down. They were all talking about school and people they didn't like, basically just sitting laughing at people. The only way to get through this night would be to get real drunk so I didn't remember any of it.

..

"Emily that's like the 50th time you've went to the toilet and we've only been here for about an hour." The alcohol had gone to my head already, I hadn't eaten all day so that was probably why.

"If I tell you something please don't be mad?" She looked at the floor and a million things crossed my mind in seconds.

"What is it Emily"

She put her hand out and there was a small bag with some white pills in its.

"You promised you'd stop taking drugs em, I can't mean that much to you. How much have you had?"

She couldn't look me in the eye and was fidgeting quite a bit.

"I've only had 1 pill and some coke. I know I promised but I was just feeling down. How about we just have a great night tonight then start clean tomorrow, promise"

"I don't know em.."

..

My head was spinning, or the room was, I wasn't quite sure what one. I tried my hardest to focus on the clock but the numbers were all blurry. I felt sick and dizzy but mostly just scared. I had to be sick, I made my way to the toilet, it took like what felt like forever. When I got there I heard a voice from behind me "what are you doing Krystel?" That's the last thing I remembered before everything went black...

Sheryl

Sitting with my head on the steering wheel my heart was racing, why was I so nervous! I looked at the clock it was 8.20.. I'd arranged to meet my mum at 8, and I was on time I'd just been sitting here trying to build up the courage to go inside. Finally I got out the car, telling myself not to be so stupid. As I walked towards the diner my phone started ringing.. The number was unknown so I wasn't going to answer it but I did in the end.

"Hello?"

"Sheryl, it's Emily. Look krystels unconscious, if you care about her you'll come get her"

"What? Why haven't you called an ambulance? Where are you?"

"Just move it Sheryl, Angela's house. Hurry up!"

I ran back to the car and drove to Angela's as fast as I could, if anything happened to her I swear I would kill that bitch. Luckily there wasn't much traffic and I got there in minutes, running inside I spotted Angela straight away.

"Where is she?" I shouted

"Upstairs bathroom" was all she could say. When I got there krys was lying on the floor, Emily trying to talk to her.

"Why the hell have none of you's called an ambulance?!"

"Look I called you so don't start! And say anything about where she was and I'll make your life hell as well as krystels. If I get in trouble for this I'll know who to blame" what a bitch! I tried to get Krystel up and get her to my car as quickly as I could, I couldn't believe that the house was full and not one person helped me. Some friends you've got krys I said as I put her seatbelt on and drove to the hospital..

"My friends unconscious please help her."

"What has happened? Has she taken anything?" The doctor asked.

"Um.. I'm sorry I don't know, I just found her like this."

I sat in the waiting room my head was spinning, I was scared, what if something bad happened. All these things running through my mind. I tried calling her home phone to tell her parents but there was no answer. I sat there for an hour before a nurse came out and told me she would be fine.

"We've had to pump her stomach, but she'll be fine. Just keeping her in overnight for observation. Have you had any luck with her parents?"

"No, but I'll give you the number so you can keep trying. Can I see her please?"

"Sure but try let her rest, she's asleep so it's probably best to let her rest" I went through to the room and sat beside the bed. Why did I let this happen? I could of stopped this maybe if I tried harder. I took krystels hand and just sat with her for a while.

"Excuse me, we managed to get through so her parents are on their way."

Standing up I made my way to the door.

"That's great, I'm going to go now, my parents are worried." I made my excuses and left quickly. I didn't want to see her parents, how was I supposed to explain it?

When I walked through the door nat was pouring herself a glass of wine. "So you changed your mind at the last minute then?"

"Huh?" Was all I could say as I chucked my keys on the side and hung my jacket up.

"Your mum called looking for you"

"Nat please don't go on at me I'm not in the mood" I said sitting on the sofa beside her.

"When do I ever go on at you? What's up?" I didn't reply to that I just sat there staring at the tv.

"Do you want a glass of wine? There's a glass there" I leaned forward and poured a glass.

"Thanks.. Why do you have two glasses though?" I asked curiously.

"My friend ditched me for a guy"

I sat with nat for a while and I ended up telling her about Krystel, she promised not to say anything to my dad about the drugs and I believed her. It was good to have someone to talk to, nat was very understanding. After a few hours I went upstairs and fell into bed, at least I knew Krystel was going to be alright and that was the main thing.