Chapter 7

Krystel

That was the best sleep I've had in ages... I slept like a baby. I went downstairs and had some breakfast, mum and dad were in the kitchen laughing at one of dad's stupid jokes. Smiling to myself, I sat down at the table with them.

"So, how was yesterday? Is that your new friend?" mum asked taking a sip of her coffee.

"It was fun. It's just nice to hang out with somebody without all the bitchyness, you know. Her name is Sheryl and she's new here."

"Well, I'm glad you're making new friends. She's welcome to come around for dinner anytime. I'd like to meet her," mum said looking at dad and he nodded along with her.

"Okay, I'll ask her when I next talk to her, mum. Anyway I'm gonna go get changed, I'm goin' out," I said. Dad looked up from his paper as if to say 'With who and where?'.

"I'm going for some lunch with Justin."

"Okay sweetheart, have fun."

It took about 45 minutes to get ready then I went to meet Justin. We always sat at the same table in the same cafe and most of the time ordered the same thing, too. I noticed Justin waiting for me. He was a good looking guy. Blonde hair, blue eyes and he had some taste in fashion as well.

"Hey, about time you," he said smiling.

"Shut up, I'm only 5 minutes late," as soon as I sat down the waitress appeared.

"Hey, the usual for you guys?"

We both nodded and laughed. I looked over at Justin and noticed he kept checking his phone.

"So what's going on with you, expecting to hear from somebody?" I asked looking at his phone.

"No, sorry. Have you noticed how none of us are as close as we used to be? I mean like we are growing apart or something," he said looking a little sad.

"Well, I've noticed Paige turning into Angela and sucking up her ass. She's changed. But the rest of us are still the same? Well, at least I hope so?" I asked him.

"Oh yeah, definitely. So, are you and Paige still friends?"

I thought for a minute, "She avoids me most of the time so no I don't think we are really. Why? What's she been like towards you?" Our food arrived and we started eating it right away. Talk about starving!

"She says she's my friend, but it's obvious she's been telling Angela stuff about me," He looked around then said,

"Stupid things like I'm quite feminine... I like to take care of myself but I don't see anything wrong with that, do you?" he asked taking a drink of his large Pepsi.

"No, of course there's nothing wrong with that. She's turning into a bitch like Angela. I'm not gonna bother talking to any of them anymore. She has no right saying things about you. She's just lucky you're a nice guy 'cause there's plenty you could say about her to make her look bad," I said winking.

"Exactly! But I wouldn't do that."

It went quiet for a minute while we both finished our lunch off. I felt my phone vibrate. It was a text message.

{hope u slept well, cause I sure didn't.. Had nightmares about mr Krueger! I blame u lol anyway, hope ur ok?!xx}

It was Sheryl.

I couldn't help but smile as I put it back in my pocket. I noticed Justin smiling at me.

"Oh, that was Sheryl, she's really nice. I went to her place yesterday, we watched movies and stuff."

"Oh yeah? She seems cool. You not gonna text her back?" he said smirking.

"Yeah, I will soon. I think we just have to face the facts that Angela and Paige are no longer in our little group of friends, hey."

"Yep, I don't want friends like that anyway. Just glad you're still the same," he smiled. We finished our drinks and paid. Justin left, he had to go back because his aunt was visiting and he didn't want to be rude. As he walked home I headed to the park. It was such a nice day, I just wanted to enjoy it. I sat down by the river in the park and closed my eyes taking a deep breath of the fresh air.

After a while of relaxing I got my phone out and replied to Sheryl's text.

{Hi, I slept like a baby thanks ;) Aw ur such a wimp hehe what you doin? I'm at the park if u fancy getting out for a bit?xx}

I really liked Sheryl, she was easy to talk to and she just made me feel really comfortable around her.

{I'll be there in 5 xx}

Sheryl came to meet me and we went for some ice cream as we enjoyed the sun. I got back home in time for dinner then caught up with some homework and got ready for bed.