Chapter 15

Krystel

Two weeks had passed and I had settled into my new job nicely. Joey's birthday was coming up and he was throwing a party on Friday night. I wanted to get him something small and get something new to wear for myself, too. Sheryl was supposed to be coming but she got called into work. I got what I needed and went to Sheryl's workplace. It didn't look too busy so I sat at that bar.

"Hey, has it been busy?" I asked Sheryl, who was wrapping cutlery.

"Nope, it's dragging in. Did you find what you were looking for?" she asked looking at my bags. I got my new top out and held it up.

"What do you think?"

"Oh, very nice! That will look great on you," she smiled. "Do you want a drink?"

"I'll have a milkshake please...banana," I said putting my bags down.

"Yes, I know. You only like banana. Weirdo."

"I'm not a weirdo! You excited about the party?"

"Yeah, I am. Will you be looking for some hot guys? Maybe get yourself a boyfriend?"

A boyfriend? God no, I wasn't interested in boys. Although I should be at my age? Was it weird that I hadn't really thought about things like that?

"Nah, not looking for a boyfriend. I'm happy the way I am for now," I smiled.

"Good, I'm gIad," she returned the smile.

I finished off my milkshake and walked back home. I started thinking about things and I realised I had never really been interested in boys that much. I didn't find them gorgeous, I thought girls were more attractive than boys. Does that mean I'm a lesbian? No, I can't be. I'd never thought about a girl in that way before. Although I did flirt with Sheryl sometimes, but that was just joking, wasn't it? Oh god. I lay awake that night just overthinking everything. Eventually I fell asleep around 4am.

××××××××××××

I was so tired the next day in school I had to drink loads of coffee. At lunch I asked Justin if he could help me with something to get him away from the others. I needed to talk to somebody. He followed me down the hallway.

"What's up then? You're acting a bit strange," he said. I pulled him into an empty classroom and shut the door.

"Don't you think it's a bit weird that im not into boys like everybody else, Justin?"

"Yes, it's very weird, all these hot boys and you're still single."

"I'm being serious, Justin! I realised yesterday that I think girls are more attractive than boys."

"So you think you're a lesbian?" he asked sitting on the table.

"I don't know, maybe?" He looked at me for a minute.

"I'd never guess looking at you."

"Oh right, well, that's fabulous but can you please help me figure this out," I said seriously.

"Okay, if you had to kiss a girl or a boy who would you rather kiss?" he asked. I thought for a minute.

"A girl probably. I could see myself in a relationship with a guy but I think I'd be more interested in being in one with a girl."

"There's your answer, honey. Do you like Sheryl?" he said smiling.

"No, why? Why would you even say that?" I quizzed staring at him.

"You two seem very close, that's all."

"She's gorgeous but she's definitely straight. I wouldn't do anything to ruin our friendship."