Chapter 20

Sheryl

I was sitting on the couch just thinking about things. Krystel had ignored me most of the week and it had made me think a lot. I didn't want to lose her, she meant the world to me. Everything just seemed better when she was around. I didn't like to see her upset though and I couldn't believe what Sam had done. Bet she was regretting it now though, the look on her face when Natalie told her parents was priceless.

"You do know the TV isn't switched on?"

I turned my attention to Natalie. "Yes, I realise that, smartass! I was daydreaming," I said.

"Okay," she said sitting on the sofa next to me.

"Thank you again for what you did, Nat."

"That's alright, so what's on your mind then?" she asked.

"Nothing, just thinking about things," I replied. My phone went off.

{hi just wanted to say sorry for ignoring u all week. And thanks to u and Natalie for helping me. I really appreciate it xxx}

"Nat, Krystel and I nearly kissed one night. We'd both been drinking but stopped ourselves. Is that weird?" I wanted to see what Natalie thought about it. I had a dream the night before about Krystel, we were both sitting on my bed talking and she started kissing me. I really enjoyed it and she was going to go a bit further but I woke up. I was disappointed and wanted to go back to sleep.

"Not weird at all, babe. I've kissed a girl before, a friend and I had too much to drink. We laughed it off and forgot about it though. I suppose it's different in your case because Krystel obviously likes girls." She switched the TV on and put the music channel on mute.

"You've kissed a girl? Wow, didn't expect that! Well, we didn't think it was that much of a big deal but I had a dream last night that she kissed me and I really liked it. Does that make me a lesbian?"

"No, it's normal to be curious. You and Krystel are very close. Do you think you are homosexual?"

"No. At least I don't think so," I said.

"Look, you're young, just have fun. If something happens, it happens. Don't worry about it okay, you're finding yourself." She smiled at me.

"Did you think you'd end up with someone who has a teenage kid?" I asked.

"Not really, no," she laughed, "But your dad told me about you straight away. I was hoping you wouldn't be a little brat. I didn't think we'd end up as close as we are now though it's nice," I smiled. It was nice. Nice to have someone around when dad is gone. I picked my phone up and texted Krystel back.

{that's ok, ur forgiven :) glad to help. What are u doing?xxx}

"So what are your plans for tonight?" I asked Nat.

"I'm going out with a friend. I can stay in with you if you want the company though."

"No, I'm fine. You go have fun." I smiled.

{sitting, looking at my bedroom walls, I could have a drink though. I've had the shittiest week.xxx}

{well I'll have a drink with you, I'm soo bored :( xxx}

It was true, I was bored. Nat was going out so I'd have nobody to talk to. I got up and called Krystel to tell her I'd go and get her.

...

We got back to mine about half an hour later, Natalie was just leaving so we said goodbye and went inside.

"Do you want to go to the zoo next week, Sheryl?" I turned to look at Krystel and started laughing.

"Are you being serious?" I asked pouring some drinks.

"Yeah, I've wanted to go there for ages and Sam never wanted to go." She smiled sweetly. How could you say no to a face like that? I handed her a drink and put some music on the TV.

"If you want to go to the zoo, then we will go to the zoo," I smiled.

"It'll be fun, promise," she giggled.

"So are you okay? Do you feel better now?" I asked her. She was fine, just wanted to forget about Sam and I couldn't blame her. Poor girl. It was so nice to just sit and relax with Krystel. We had a few more drinks and she opened up a bit more, she always did after a couple.

"Sheryl?" she whispered.

"Why are you whispering, you nutter?" we both started laughing.

"Tell me a secret," she said. I looked at her, she was looking right in my eyes, I could feel myself blush a little.

"A secret? Like what?" I asked.

"Anything will fit, go on," she smiled.

"Okay then. Last night I dreamt you kissed me," I said not taking my eyes off her.

"Did you enjoy it?" she asked.

"Well, that would be telling, wouldn't it?" I teased. "Now you tell me a secret."

"I want to make your dream come true," she said.

We both just looked at each other then she leaned in towards me. Was this actually happening? Her lips touched mine, I could taste her cherry lipgloss, she ran her tongue over my lips then started kissing me softly. Teasing my tongue with hers, it felt so good. I got lost in the moment, I had so many butterflies, it was unreal. She eventually pulled away and we both smiled at each other.

"Wow. You're good at that," I said taking a sip of my drink.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that." she said looking away from me.

"Don't be sorry, I wanted you to do it," I smiled pouring us a drink out.

"It won't ruin our friendship, then?" she asked taking the drink from me.

"Nothing will ever ruin our friendship. We had a little kiss, we both enjoyed it. There's no harm in that, is there?"

"No, I guess not," she smiled. We talked for a while longer, as time went on we were both talking more rubbish though and laughing at stupid things.

"Krystel did you know that slugs and snails hate each other? There was a war millions of years ago and the snails took all the homes, and they made a law then that slugs would never be allowed to carry little houses on their backs. Seriously, Krys, it's a known fact!" Krystel burst out laughing.

"I think you need to be locked away, you're mental."

We both started laughing.

"I've been hanging around you too long that's what it is. I'm going to look online for a film about snail wars." I said seriously.

"Okay you do that! I think it's time for bed."

We tidied up our mess and went up to bed. Laying in bed, I burst out laughing.

"Jesus Sheryl you made me jump there! Please tell me you're not laughing about slugs and snails."

"No, but Krys! Just picture it, what would they do in the war? Rub against each other? How would it work?"

"Goodnight, Sheryl!"

"Night, babe..."