Chapter 39

Sheryl

Knocking on the door, I didn't wait long for krystels dad to open it.

"Come in Sheryl" he half smiled. I followed him through to the living room where her mum was. She was still crying, poor woman, she must be so worried. I sat down across from them. I felt so guilty just looking at their faces, could I have stopped this?

"What happened?" I asked.

"She hasn't spoken to any of us since she got in today. I went to check on her and noticed she'd cut all her arm. I've cleaned it all up and bandaged it, but she still won't talk. I know you aren't on the best terms but can you please try and talk to her"

"Of course I will, I'm sorry this has happened. I feel so bad"

"It's not your fault honey" her dad said softly.

I got up and gave her mum a hug, I felt terrible. I didn't think she'd do something like this.

"Don't worry, I'll talk to her"

I went upstairs and stood outside her room for minute before knocking. She didn't respond so I just walked in, she was sitting on her bed with her earphones in. She looked surprised to see me, but didn't say anything. Walking over to her I sat on the bed and pulled her earphones out.

"What are you doing here? You've made it quite clear you don't want us to be friends anymore"

"Doesn't mean I don't care krys!"

"If you cared you'd still be my friend"

She wasn't making eye contact with me, and she was obviously not happy with me.

"It's not that easy is it? You're not exactly blameless krys, don't act like the innocent one please"

"Well you were fast enough to ditch me weren't you"

I was trying not to get angry at her, was she really blaming me for all this? I'd tried to help her but she was too busy with skanky Emily.

"I think you'll find that you're the one that ditched me, not only me but the other guys as well. All you cared about was taking drugs and sleeping with that slag! So don't start blaming other people for your own mistakes"

As soon as I said that I could see her eyes watering, she started crying. I wanted to be angry at her but for some reason I could never stay angry with her.

"I know it's all my fault, I'm so angry with the choices that I've made recently but the thing I'm most angry about is that fact that I've lost you."

I sat facing her and took her hand, I touched the bandage on her wrist and seen a tiny bit of blood soaking through.

"You haven't lost me, I didn't just stop caring about you. I really wish sometimes that I could stay angry at you but i can't"

"You managed it alright for the weeks you didn't talk to me"

"I don't think you realise how hard that was for me, I was hurt krys.."

I wiped away her tears, I hated seeing her like this. We sat in silence for a few minutes..

"Is it sore?" I asked, breaking the silence.

"Yeah, it stings like a bitch. Mum has cleaned it for me"

"Why did you do it?"

"I just felt so alone, Sheryl nobody talks to me at school apart from Emily and that's just to call me names and make my life a misery. Mum and dad hardly even talk now, I can tell they are ashamed of me. Everybody hates me, I know it's my fault, I was so angry with myself I just wanted to hurt myself"