Chapter 36

Krystel

"See Sheryl is just no fun, you shouldn't even bother with her"

I grabbed the bottle that Emily was handing to me and downed it. I knew Sheryl was fun, she just wasn't their kind of fun. I only went up to her in the park because I'd been drinking, which I now regretted.

"I'm going home guys, see you tomorrow at school" I said getting up to leave. None of them really seemed to care that I was going, so I just walked off. I was glad I didn't have far to walk as I was quite tipsy, I could i could only hope that my parents were in bed when I got home.

As soon as I opened the door I heard the tv in the living room, trying my hardest to be quiet I slowly started tip toeing up the stairs..

"Excuse me young lady, come back down here for a minute" I heard my mum day. Turning around, I noticed she looked the look in her eyes, she was definitely not happy with me. I hadn't seen that look in years. I walked down towards her and smiled sweetly.

"I'm quite tired mum, just gonna head to bed" I was trying to focus on anything but my mum, I didn't want to look her in the eye.

"Drinking? And on a Tuesday night! Did somebody spike your drink again?" She said raising her voice just that little bit higher.

"It was just a couple to celebrate a friends birthday" I lied.

"Don't insult my intelligence Krystel. Your father and I have had enough of this, you are now grounded.. And we don't want you hanging around with Angela and Paige."

"But mum.. That's not fair you can't tell me who I can be friends with.. It was I only a few drinks" I argued back.

"Just get out of my sight" she said and went back into the living room. Upstairs I went for a hot shower and climbed into bed. Needless to say it didn't take very long for me to fall asleep..

..

The alarm soon woke me and my hangover didn't waste anytime in kicking in. 'God, why do I do this to myself' I muttered as I reluctantly got out of bed. I took some painkillers from my bag then got ready for my day at school. I was dreading going downstairs but I knew I had to get it over and done with.

Mum and dad were both sitting at the table when I walked into the kitchen. I poured myself some orange juice and made a bit of toast. There was an awkward silence in the room, which I hated but it was my fault.

"I just want to apologise for last night, I was out of order." I said sitting down across from them.

"Just make sure you're straight home after school" dad said without looking up from his morning paper. I Hardly ever got into trouble but when I did, my parents would never shout the would just go quiet and ignore me, which I thought was worse. I got up and left for school without saying bye.

When I got to school I went looking for justin, I missed my friends, my real friends that was. I noticed him go into the toilet so I waited outside for him to finish. I stood there for a couple of minutes before he came out.

"Justin, wait up" I grabbed his arm and he swung round.

"Oh hi krys" he said.

"I miss you, fancy getting some lunch together later and catching up?" I asked smiling. He wasn't smiling back though.

"Sorry krys but I'm having lunch with the other guys. You choose to hang out with Emily and Angela. I don't really want to be friends anyone in your little group." He walked away and I noticed Sheryl standing there, we just looked at each other for a minute before she walked away too.

I sat by myself at lunch time. Emily and the other girls were sitting at the other side of the room, they had seen me come in and sit here but didn't bother to come over or tell me to join them so I didn't. I felt so stupid sitting here by myself. I looked around the room and I was the I only person by myself, I noticed justin, Sheryl and the others, they all looked like they were having a great time. I was counting the hours until I could go home. I just felt like crying..

..

The rest of the week dragged in, I was a loner, and I'd definitely never felt more alone. I was just glad it was Friday and I could have a little break from school. The bell rang signalling the start of the weekend and I smiled, the first time I'd smiled all week. Walking to my locker to put my stuff away, I stopped when I noticed Emily and nina standing there.

"Hi em.." I said nervously.

"So you think you're too good for us now too do you? What makes you better than us?" They were both grinning and moving closer towards me. I'm not going to lie, it was quite intimidating.

"No, I don't think that at all." I said moving backwards, I was now pinned against the lockers.

"Not scared are you?" They both laughed. Emily pushed me a little and I could feel something dig into my back.

"Why would I be scared of you" I said without thinking, and before I knew it I felt her hand across my face, the bitch had slapped me. I could feel myself about to cry which made her laugh. She was enjoying this, she put her hand back like she was going to slap me again but someone grabbed her arm and swung her around. It was Sheryl..

"Not everybody's scared of you, you drugged up slag" Sheryl said and pushed her back against the locker so hard that she fell to the floor. Nina just stood there for a minute before helping Emily up. They didn't say anything else, just got up and walked off.

"Take it loves young dream is over?" Sheryl said looking at my face.

"Could say that." I said feeling my cheek, it was still stinging.

"You ok?"

"Yeah, thanks for helping me"

"Let me drive you home, she might be out there waiting" I nodded and followed Sheryl to her car. It felt weird being in her car again.

"You not gonna say 'I told you so'" I asked. Starting the car up she glanced over at me quickly.

"No I'm not. I didn't wanna be right about emily krys. We obviously Weren't as close as I thought we were, I'd never have picked a boy or girl over you, especially one like Emily. It's done now though, and best we all just move on" the tears were threatening to fall again, I had to keep blinking and try my hardest to stop them.

"Yeah I know but it's hard to move on. You did.. Do.. Mean a lot to me" we pulled into my drive just as my mum was taking the rubbish out. She smiled when she seen Sheryl and waved, and Sheryl waved back.

"I miss you Sheryl" I said sadly.

"It's a pity it took you and your girlfriend breaking up to make you realise that krys. Have a nice weekend." I got out the car and grabbed my bag.

"Thanks again, and thanks for the lift" I said shutting the door. I watched as she drove off. When I walked through the door my mum smiled at me, I smiled back straight away, hoping she'd forgiven me.

"Why didn't Sheryl come in?" Mum asked.

"She's busy, got to be at work soon." I lied. I'm sure my mum knew I was lying because Sheryl hadn't been at mines for so long.

"Well invite her for dinner, she's a lovely girl" I wish I could invite her for dinner, our friendship was definitely never going to be the same again..

Thinking about maybe doing a cast for this story. Thanks for reading people :) xx