Chapter 16

Sheryl

My dad looked very serious sitting across from me at the table. I was going through everything I had done in my head that I could done wrong, was I in trouble? I couldn't think of anything. I finally broke the silence.

"Dad, whatever it is I didn't do it. It wasn't me I swear," he looked at me and finally smiled.

"You're not in trouble so relax," he said.

"Well dad, are you gonna spit it out? Or just sit there staring at me all night?"

"Alright alright, I want to do something, but I need to ask you first. See what you think."

"Okay, so what is it you wanna do? You're acting a bit weird."

"Okay, so I know it might be a bit soon. You know how much I like Natalie?"

"Yeah, you gonna propose or something?" He laughed at that.

"No, not yet. I was thinking of maybe asking her to move in? But I wanna know how you feel about it?"

"That would be great dad!" I said excitedly.

"Really? You wouldn't mind?" he sounded surprised.

"No, I get lonely sometimes and you're not always around so it would be nice to have her here."

"I've been so worried about asking you." He looked relieved.

"Well, you know I like Nat, and she comes around when you're away anyway. When are you gonna ask her?"

"Tonight, I just wanted to check with you first."

"Okay, well good luck for tonight dad. I'm going to meet Krystel so I better go," I said standing up.

"Okay, I'll see you tonight then. Have fun."

I was going to meet Sam for the first time so I didn't really know what to expect. Krystel had wanted us to meet so guess I couldn't say no. I arranged to meet them at the apple centre. That was a massive place with bowling, pool tables, arcade, a cafe and a bar. Everything under one roof. I was a little nervous, probably because I didn't know what to expect.

I noticed Krystel as soon as I walked in. She and Sam were laughing and Sam was holding her hand. She wasn't what I was expecting. She was wearing light brown combats and a white tshirt, her hair was tied up. I walked over to them "Hey," I said smiling.

"Oh hi Sheryl, this is Sam. Sam, Sheryl," Krystel introduced us. I sat down across from them.

"Hey Sam, nice to meet you," I smiled

'Hey', was all I got back.

"So you guys been here long or what?" I asked.

"No," said Sam. No? Was that it?

"Not long, about 5 minutes. I was just going to get us a drink, I'll get you one, too," said Krystel.

"It's ok, I'll get my own," I said standing.

"No, you stay with Sam. I'll be right back," she grabbed her purse and walked off. I sat back down. Sam was staring at me. I felt a little uncomfortable.

"So, Krys has told me lots of good stuff about you, it's nice to put a face to the name," I said.

"Yeah, you too. Why don't you have a boyfriend?" she asked. That was a weird question to ask somebody straight away.

"I'm happy being single just now," I answered.

"Oh... well Krystel and I are getting quite serious now. We will probably be spending more and more time with each other. We just can't get enough" she said laughing. What did she mean by that?