Chapter 19

Krystel

Sheryl and I were laying on her bed. I was kind of glad Sheryl told me about Sam last night before it was too late. I would have been with her right now, I still couldn't believe she had cheated though. I honestly didn't think she was like that. How wrong I was. I looked over at Sheryl and saw her smiling at the TV. We were watching the Lion King. It was one of her favourite films, you could say she was a little obssessed with Disneys. I picked up my phone, I was informed about a text from Sam.

{look I'm sorry, can u come round? I've been so stupid}

"What's up, she's not sending you nasty texts is she?" Sheryl asked glancing over.

"She's sorry, wants me to go 'round," I said still staring at my phone.

"She still thinks she has chance? What an idiot."

I put my phone down and looked at Sheryl, her attention was on me now. She was smiling at me with those over the top cute dimples. "Your dimples are so damn cute, I love your smile," I said to her.

"Aww thank you, sweet talker. I love your eyes! They're gorgeous."

"I don't think so," I said quickly. She looked at me.

"Why can't you take a compliment? You're beautiful, Krys." She smiled and gave me an earnest look.

"I'm not though. You just say that because I'm your best friend."

"No I don't. I don't have to say anything. I've always thought you were gorgeous. That's why I was a bit shocked when I met Sam. I didn't expect her to be like that." I went quiet, thinking about what Sheryl just said. "Not that I'm saying it's all about looks because it definitely isn't," she quickly added. "There's gotta be some sort of attraction though... Were you attracted to Sam?" she asked me.

I looked out the window, thinking for a minute. "Not really, I did care about her though, Sheryl. I cared a lot about her. I guess, I kind of thought at the back of my head that nobody else would want me."

Sheryl sat up. "Why would you even think that?" she asked.

"Well, there are not many lesbians about for a start. If I could find a nice girl that had the same personality as you, she'd be perfect," I smiled.

"Oooh, so not my looks then, just personality?" she hit me with the cushion.

"Well, I couldn't say your looks and personality. You might get too flattered and think I fancy you," I laughed.

"You do fancy me Krys, you just haven't admitted it to yourself yet," she laughed. It was my turn to hit her with the cushion.

"You're full of yourself, darling," I said and we both burst out laughing.

The next day I got up early. I had a shift at 11 so I left Sheryl a little note and headed home. When I got in, I got changed then filled mum in about Sam. She wasn't happy. Said she never liked her anyway. I kinda got that feeling anyways to be honest. I set off to go to work. The shop was never really busy on Sundays, I was glad because I could just get on with some other little things that needed to be done. And before I knew it, it was time to finish.

"Susan, I'm finished. I'm going now so I'll see you tommorow."

"Okay sweetheart, say hi to your mother for me," she said cheerily.

"I will do, bye," I shouted walking out.

Crossing the road, I stopped in my tracks. Shit. On the bench ahead of me were Sam and some blonde girl. Oh no, this was the last thing I wanted. I had to get out of here before they saw me. I turned to go in the opposite direction when I felt someone grab my arm.