Chapter 35

Sheryl

Krystel obviously hadn't remembered it was me that took her to the hospital because she would of at least said thanks, it annoyed me that Emily was probably taking the credit for it though, not that I was going to say anything. Krystel wouldn't believe me anyway, always took Emily's side over me. I was just glad another day school was over, I wasn't enjoying watching krys ruining her life.

..

I wasn't looking forward to this shift tonight, I just wanted to curl up and watch a good film. It was only four hours though so I couldn't really complain. Mondays weren't exactly

very busy so I just found a table and started wrapping all the cutlery, the job that most people hated I enjoyed, suppose it was a little therapeutic to me. I had only sat down for about five minutes when I was interrupted by a woman clearing her throat. I looked up and krystels mum was standing there, shit what had I done? I started panicking, trying to think if I'd done anything that would upset her, she must of seen the worry on my face though because she smiled and sat down across from me.

"Hi Sheryl" she said still smiling.

"Hi ms Denver" I said nervously.

"Please call me sarah, and don't look so worried" she said laughing a little.

I didn't respond I was just trying to think of why she was here, was she going to question me? She then picked up some cutlery and started helping me wrap it.

"Why don't you like Paige and Angela?" She asked breaking the silence.

"Uhh I just don't like the way they act, not my kind of people. Emily is just as bad as them though if not worse"

"Don't worry, I'm not gonna sit here and grill you about things. I'm just worried about Krystel, she says that you two are fine but I know that's a lie, I'm not stupid. I like you Sheryl, you're a sensible girl and I know Krystel thinks the world of you too, even if you did have a stupid argument for whatever reason."

I suddenly didn't feel as nervous, her parents had obviously noticed how she'd changed too. I didn't really have much to lose by talking to her mum because we weren't talking anyway.

"I think the world of her too, but she changed. Started hanging out with Paige and Angela again, do you know she's with a girl called Emily?" I asked.

"No I didn't, I had an idea she was seeing someone but wasn't sure who. So that's why you two fell out then?" She asked as she was concentrating on the cutlery in front of her.

"Yep, I don't wanna cause trouble for krys but you need to know that I have tried to help her, she didn't wanna know. There's only so much you can try, you know?" Sarah looked at me and I could see the sadness in her eyes, if only Krystel could see how lucky she was having a mum that cared so much. Nobody should ever take that for granted.

"Yeah I know sweetie, don't worry, I'm not going to tell Krystel I've spoken to you. She was in hospital Friday night, said she was at a party and somebody spiked her drink. I never used to worry about her when she was with you."

"Yeah she was at a party with Emily, Emily called me Friday night telling me she was unconscious so I went round and took her to hospital. I stayed until I knew she'd be ok then I left before you got there. She probably thinks Emily took her but precious Emily was just going to leave her there." Sarah looked like she was close to tears now.

"Thank you so much for helping her Sheryl, I dread to think what would of happened if it wasn't for you."

"Don't thank me, I was just doing what anyone else would of done. I better get back to work now the cutlery is done but if you want, here is my number. If you want to talk again I mean. I know it's easy said but try not worry too much, I've got a feeling she will be fine" I smiled, trying to convince myself as well. Sarah smiled and left, leaving me to get on with work.