Chapter 32

Krystel

My heart skipped a few beats, as I stood there in the doorway staring at Emily in bed with another girl, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. All these things running through my head, I felt so angry but more stupid than anything.

"Babe it's not what it looks like"

I could only laugh at that, why do people say that? I turned around and left before Emily had a chance to stop me. Needing some fresh air I headed for the park and sat by the lake for a while, I couldn't believe how stupid I'd been. I wished I could call Sheryl, she'd know exactly what to say to make me feel better. Emily was ringing my phone constantly, ignoring her I tried calling Justin. I needed a friend to talk to. It rang out twice so I didn't bother trying a third time. I tried nick once but funnily enough he didn't answer either. I'd never felt more alone, all I wanted was a friend. Just then Paige called me..

"Hello"

"Hey Krystel, you ok?" She asked quietly. Just for a split second I remembered back before Emily,Sheryl or even Angela when it was just Paige and I, I kinda missed it. Things were much more simple then.

"Yeah I'm great Paige" I replied sarcastically.

"Look Emily feels terrible, fancy meeting me for a drink? Come to mine"

I thought about saying no but I was really lonely so I agreed to meet her.

"So she said she loves me then?"

Paige was fixing her hair in the mirror and making sure her make up was perfect.

"Yep, I've never seen her so upset. They didn't actually have sex they just fooled around."

"They would of if I hadn't of walked in though. I don't know Paige how am I supposed to trust her again?" I asked picking up my drink. The alcohol was numbing my pain a little.

"You work at it, you build it back up. Don't throw away something good because of one stupid mistake. Everybody makes mistakes babe, and everybody deserves a second chance, don't you think?"

I thought carefully about what Paige was saying, I suppose it was true... And if I didn't have Emily then I would have no one so I decided to give it another chance. Call me stupid but it seemed like the best option at that time.

That night Emily met me in the student bar, walking in I noticed how empty it was, there was about 5 people in total. Emily was in the corner with her back to me, I walked towards her and sat down.

"Thanks for coming, I got you a drink"

"Thank you" I said taking a sip of it then taking my jacket off.

"Krystel I can't believe how stupid I've been, you're far too good for me. I am gonna prove to you how much you mean to me babe, I promise you that."

Smiling I tried to figure out if she was being honest with me. She looked deadly serious so I decided to believe her. We had a good talk for a while and Emily agreed to stop taking drugs and start doing more things as a couple.

"Paige is having a party tomorrow night, did she mention it to you?" Emily smiled sweetly, I did like her smile but it was nothing compared to sheryls. I wanted to hate Sheryl so much but I just couldn't, I'd done a good job at pushing her away though, don't think she'll ever speak to me again.

"I think she mentioned something yeah"

"Do u wanna go with me? We can have a nice time then you can stay over at mine?"

I agreed to go to the party even though I would rather of stayed in with a nice dvd or something.

Sheryl

"I'm so proud of you honey" my dad smiled.

I'd just agreed to meeting my mum tomorrow, I was scared and hadn't a clue what to expect. I'm only hearing her out then that's it, I thought that was only fair, didn't mean I was going to welcome her with open arms though.

"Yeah yeah dad, I've agreed to see her tomorrow and that's it so calm down."

He didn't reply to that, I looked at nat and she smiled.

"If you want me to take you or even go with you I will, just let me know ok"

"Thanks nat! I'll be ok though. Do you have the address then dad?" He got up and disappeared to the kitchen for a minute before returning with a note in his hand. I glanced at it then put it in my pocket.

"Now you know I won't be here tomorrow so let me know how it goes ok, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised though, your mother seems to have changed a lot"

"We'll see" I replied. I would soon find out for myself wouldn't I. I couldn't even remember anything about her, but then again maybe that was a good thing. I headed upstairs and got ready for bed, I wasn't expecting to get much sleep because I was nervous and had loads going through my head. I went through conversations and imagined what I'd say. My phone suddenly vibrated making me jump.. It was a text from nick.

{hey buddy, you ok? Hope ur not too nervous about 2moro?} aww he was sweet, I loved that nick actually cared about his friends.

{I'm shitting it :/ lol maybe I should cancel?} almost immediately after I sent that he rang me..

"Hello"

"You're not cancelling! You need answers and you will feel better when you get them. Do you want my lucky superman boxers?" He laughed. I couldn't help but laugh with him.

"Eugh, no thanks nick! I've got my lucky bracelet on, my gran always said it would bring me luck and I think I'll need some tomorrow." I said staring at the bracelet in my wrist. I remember the day my gran gave me it, we were watching old movies and eating ice cream then she disappeared into her bedroom for half an hour before coming back with the bracelet. 'Wear this if you ever feel scared or you need some luck. It helped me' she said. That always stuck in my head.

"You'll be fine. Try not to worry and get some sleep ok"

"Ok dad" I laughed.

"Shut up! Ok text me tomorrow, night night"

"Night nick, and thanks for being a good friend."

"Anytime, night"

I put my phone on charge and climbed into bed. Tomorrow's gonna be an interesting day anyway...

Thanks for reading <3 xxx