Chapter 47

Sheryl

Waking up to the smell of food made me starving, I had to eat something! Sitting up I noticed krys was already up, grabbing some baby wipes I rubbed my face, trying to wake myself up a bit. Pulling on a hoody I crawled out the tent, krys and nick were at the fire and joey was in the lake having a wash. The others must have still been sleeping.

"Hey you hungry?" Nick smiled

"Starving! The smell woke me up. Are they cooked properly though?"

"They are a bit burnt so yes" he laughed.

"Good! I love burnt sausages"

"Weirdo"

The three of us sat there eating beans and burnt sausages. It looked like it was going to be a nice day, I was just glad it wasn't raining though.. Nothing worse than camping in the rain.

"Oh my god!" I shouted, maybe a little too loud as it made nick jump. "How am I gonna brush my teeth!"

"Jesus Sheryl, I thought it was something serious!"

"That is serious!"

"There's a little village about ten minutes drive, we could go there later? use the bathroom.. Or you could just use the water from the lake"

"Ugh I'm not doing that"

"Just use your finger Sheryl, it won't hurt for one day" Krystel laughed.

"I'll do it with a bottle of water thank you and you won't be laughing when you want to borrow my toothpaste!"

I definitely wasn't one of these girls who was afraid to get a bit dirty but I was just really paranoid about smelling good. If someone smells good it automatically makes them more attractive, well that's what I thought anyway.

After breakfast I went back to the rent and washed myself down with wipes and got changed. Just as I was finishing krys came back in to get changed.

"The guys are heading to that village in a bit do you want to go?"

"Nah, somebody needs to stay here anyway to look after the stuff so I'll stay"

"Ok, I'll stay with you then" she smirked.

..

"So what are you guys actually going to get?" I asked as they were leaving.

"Food and beer" joey grinned.

I gave him some money to get me some stuff then watched as they drove off. Krystel was sitting by the lake, walking over to her I asked her to come looking for some fire wood. We didn't go too far from where we were camped because there was loads of wood everywhere.

"So, you gonna tell me what's up with you?" I asked breaking the silence.

"Nothing's up" she smiled.

"So you cut yourself for nothing? I thought you trusted me krys!"

"I do!" Was all she said.

She obviously didn't want to tell me, it kind of hurt a bit knowing she felt like she couldn't open up to me. I know if Something was bothering me then krys would expect me to tell her, she would want to make me feel better, just like I wanted to make her feel better.

We spent about half an hour getting wood then went back to camp, none of us really spoke. I decided I'd just leave her to it, she knew where I was if she needed me. Pulling out some marshmallows I started toasted them, I didn't really like them I just thought it was fun toasting them. Noticing krys sit down across from me I still didn't say anything.