80-Vitae Memorandum

Dear Readers,

Thank you for reading our tale to the very end. As the new arch-magus, I felt like it was my responsibility to keep a record of everything we had gone through in order to bring our world forward into the future. I actually have other copies of these tales, but I made sure to have one written in English too, along with this letter. It's been a lot of work, but I've finally figured out how to close the veil for good. The plan was, on the day of our twentieth birthday, we would meet up together to finally deal with the veil. That's only in a couple of days too, so I don't have much time.

My plan is to compile these stories and give it back to the world that has helped ours to grow, the same world we got our memories from, and hopefully our stories will make it to the same internet that my father had taken all of his information from. We still have no idea what happened to the lives we felt from your world, if they had kept going on their own after our memory had ended, or if they had died in that moment and had been thus as ourselves reborn, but whichever the case thank you.. everyone who had been a part of those memories.. whoever you may be. It was by your strength that we have made it this far, and by that strength that we can have our world keep moving forwards.

The four of us had been working hard on these records for a while now, I actually lost track how long ago it was. Mhyl has commented that the whole thing overall seems to feel like a Vitae, a resume in collection of all of our memories.. and yet also a Memorandum, a note and record of the duality of our lives. I don't actually think it was.. formal enough for something like that, but I know this record is important. Once the veil here is sealed, the connection with Earth will be gone, and Celese will be left to continue on its own.

These last couple of years have been going well as is, so I'm certain the future will be at least equally as bright. The citadel keeps taking in new students all the time, people seeking to learn how to use their newly found gift, and the whole thing has grown into a really formal institution. Grandfather passed away last year, leaving me to run the place. I'm not exactly lonely either, not long after Thanrie was married on our eighteenth birthday, I actually got married to Yuxzn. Yuxzn has also shown such devotion, being of immeasurable help in coordinating things at the citadel and making sure things keep moving forward.

I haven't told the others yet, but the family might not end there, with another member of the family expected in about half a year's time. It will be even more responsibility, but I have the highest hopes for a promising future. Such a child will have a lot of things to carry forward into their future, but I plan to make sure I can pass off such a legacy while proud of its progress. They might be left to continue the legacy of the arch-magus.. even to maybe inherit mother's book, if the High-Seer doesn't demand it back one day.. but I'm sure any such child will be fully capable to do what they must. I even know to be proud of whatever they achieve, to share the extent of their entire legacy, because to withhold it would only do to serve the same injustice all four of us suffered.

I know though that such a child will also be a half-elf, one of very balanced blood in fact. They will have senses better than my own, a focus that surpasses my own, but never as much stamina. However, that will be the beginning and the end of the matter, I will ensure that my child is left to grow in a world of acceptance for who they are, who does not fear elf, human, or half-elf. Already, between the work Mhyl and I have done in this time, I'm pretty certain we'll be paving the way for far less fear in the future. It might never be none, and the fact that bringing elves and humans together has only increased the fear of casualties in birth of a half elf... Still, it's already improved dramatically, a future of acceptance is right around the corner.

Even considering my own wedding, Qheria and Mhyl didn't stay long in the dusts either actually. Mhyl was in fact next after myself, herself getting married to Chyurae. Qheria's wedding got delayed because she was helping with the construction of the Hyxiri capital, but soon after that she married Rhyde. That's not even the whole of how much has changed, Hyxir is on the rise as being known as the center of gift instrumentation, and that's totally been Thanrie's fault. Zyuixqs' father in the end actually didn't himself take the crown, he instantly passed it down to his son, making Thanrie now a queen. Banditry in Hyxir declined dramatically after that, for reasons I could only guess, and many factions of the rebellion simply disbanded. Even the Marauders had simply broken apart, having lost all sense of purpose. Thanrie's coronation then after was itself just over a year ago, not long after Qheria's wedding. It really was a lot, feeling like everything was just happening almost at once, especially since grandfather died soon after the coronation.