34-Unexpected Ambiance

After breakfast, the four girls tried to begin their day anew. They were able to keep moving forwards, but their feelings had not been so easily dismissed.

Mhyl decided to start the day off with more language lessons with Lwyn, after the incident earlier in the morning with still ongoing language barriers. Everything had started well enough, but she still had more to learn before she could actually hold conversations. She was learning slower than she had expected, either due to how busy she was, or maybe her state of mind. Actually, it might be simply because she wasn't the same person as her memories, the girl on earth she knew as herself might have simply just been better at learning and adjusting to new things. She herself would have to find her own pace.

Thanrie meanwhile went to go do some more sparing with Qheria. They both were in a room setup much like their original sparing room, their weapons set aside. Thanrie came at her with a right hook, which Qheria went to block. Thanrie pulled back at the last moment and used her momentum to unleash a kick instead. Qheria rushed to block it, leaving her flat footed. Thanrie switched even the kick's momentum as a spin, getting behind Qheria instead, and threw forwards a left handed jab. Qheria landed in the dirt.

It was the fifth time in a row that Qheria had been left in the dust. Her own motions were getting really slow, she hardly looked to be even trying at this point. "I think we should take a break, you're not in your game right now. Maybe go ask Rhyde if he has any ideas about something you could do?" Thanrie had no idea what Qheria needed, but when Qheria was like this, Rhyde's guidance had helped before. She had to trust in Rhyde to figure out something else. They were two mutual leaders, after all.

Mhyl walked in at that point. "So I guess things here haven't been much better. Lwyn had called the lesson pretty early, and had wandered off to do her own thing. I had followed her, out of worry she would just go rest, but it seems she's helping with basic chores around here. Maybe cooking and cleaning is how she takes her mind off her troubles." Mhyl couldn't help but consider that maybe Lwyn needed some time to herself, to consider everything. At least Lwyn was doing something again, so this was still good. She probably just needed time.

"Uh, I know this might sound stupid, but do you want to spar?" "Huh? Me?" "I keep sparing with Qheria, no weapons, just our bare hands. You never use weapons anyway, though I guess I still have a bit of an advantage. I'll go easy on you, just want to have someone to build some routines with." Thanrie knew it was a foolish question, Mhyl was the most passive of all of them. Still, including Mhyl in things was better than excluding her, and maybe helping Mhyl learn a few things to defend herself.. that might help them in the long run. Being further skilled with that book of her's would only be a good thing.

"Uh, sure I guess." Mhyl was also aware that it was her own physique that could cause certain others problems, fixing her own weaknesses would be important. Languages was one, but this was another. Mhyl set her book down at the side of the room, near where Thanrie's scythe rested, and took to the middle of the room near Thanrie. She then started on a formal Japanese bow, totally surprising Thanrie, and then started conversation in Japanese. "Thank you for having me."

Thanrie returned her own bow, slightly slow. Local formalities was something she was fluent in, but Japanese formalities were something she had generally neglected. It made the whole thing look like an Aikido competition. She adopted a ready stance as Mhyl took to the same. Thanrie, as usual, started her attack right away, but Mhyl wasn't staying still either. Thanrie was going through the same motions she had just used on Qheria, starting with a right hook. Mhyl danced gracefully around it, not even bothering to block. Thanrie tried to take the opportunity of Mhyl's motion with leading into a kick, Mhyl actually backfliped off of Thanrie's leg. This ruined her original spin idea, so she changed plans, setting that foot down and throwing forward her other foot towards the new position of her foe.