05-Memory Convergence

Darkness clouded the dusk of a brand new night. A storm was raging that night, and it was getting fierce.

Torrential rains fell upon the Citadel Inn, thunder ricocheted across the halls like a bad concern, lightning strikes tore the sky in twain.. occasionally polarizing the darkness. This was no mild storm. Lightning strikes glanced off nearby rocks, not far from the Inn, leaving a ripple of energy in the air in its wake, a nearby tree falling by the force of the thunder alone. The sheets of water fell seemingly without end, a hum amid the electrical outbursts, bringing even more darkness to the sky. The moon and stars themselves seeming all but devoured behind the ensuing clouds. It felt akin to a world of nightmares.

None of the four slept deeply at this hour, but as if by miracle all four had found sleep. In the jarring restlessness of their sleep, all four had found dreams. In this storm that defied all reason, so too did their dreams.

Thanrie's dreams showed her a turmoil of anguish of a father who simply would not understand the wills of his child. The child suffered under the weight of expectation, but was relentless. Even against the wills of the world, the child would forge a new path.

Qheria's dreams showed her someone who would never back down. In pursuit of a goal, proven impossible, nothing would stop this individual from putting a foot forward to overcome simple impossibility. Even against the wills of the world, this individual would forge a new path.

Mhyl's dreams showed her a traveler who had done everything. In the face of everything, she became everything, and in so lost herself. This would not stop her, the world would be shaped by her journey. Even against the wills of the world, this traveler would forge a new path.

Lwyn's dreams showed her people who had been blessed by the kindness of a friend. This friend had formed a bond with people and had sacrificed everything so that others could benefit from it. The bond resulting had brought strength and hope for many others, and had saved them from disaster. Even against the wills of the world, this friend would forge a new path.

Lightning surged before the window of room 718, tearing across the sky as an electric beam connected with the ground below. Thunder rippled from the surge, bursting through the shutters of 718 and forcing the windows wide open in a rippling shockwave. With the last barrier of the windows gone, the lightning fully illuminated room 718 in a flood of white light. The grass where the lightning hit was engulfed in flames instantly, and then just as quickly put out by sheets of rain.

In that moment of absolute white, all four of them woke up. In that moment of waking, they were more awake now than they had ever been before.

"What the holy f~~k just happened!!"

That outburst was unusual for two reasons. The first reason was because it was Thanrie that spoke. Soft spoken, lady-like, naive, Princess Thanrie. The second reason was because it was all in English. Yes, not Izhaethyx, not even with an Izhaethyx accent, although there was a notable accent to her speach... but it was still English. Then she started mumbling something that wasn't English... and still wasn't Izhaethyx.

"So, considering everyone's reaction, I'm not the only one, right?" Lwyn spoke out to the room, also in English. The others all nodded their agreement.

"Thanrie, what are you mumbling over there!" Qheria had turned to her neighbour, trying to figure it out. The other two felt, in the middle of everything else, mumbling would have no matter of coincidence.

"Oh. --------------------" Thanrie had turned to reply, and sounded like she was making sense, but very quickly everything after sounded like noise to the others, except for Mhyl.

"Ah, I get it, so you also know Japanese!" Mhyl's reply itself was also in English, but she was the only one who understood Thanrie's original statement of complaint. Thanrie had been sharing her opinion of all of this being absolutely ridiculous and her head was splitting right now... in Japanese.