33-Collecting Thoughts

By next morning, all of them had rested enough to get back on their feet. The previous day had passed by slowly, mostly in rest and recovery.

Mhyl was the first one awake, having done nothing the day before but eat and rest. She was also the one least aware about what had been going on since she had gotten injured. The other three were still fast asleep, and she suspected Zyuixqs and Chyurae were also still sleeping. This did limit the number of people she could effectively communicate with, but she still had options. Also, she had been studying hard to learn her Izhaethyx.

The first person she found was Ihzyhur, someone she's had very little experience working with. Beyond what was implied by being Thanrie's brother, such as him being a prince, she knew very little about him. "Oh, good morning Mhyl." Ihzyhur greeted her in the morning with words she could faintly recognize. She tried to repeat them. "Oh, good morning Ihzyhur." Mhyl may not have known that the entire statement might not have been required. "Ah, you're Izhaethyx is getting much better, bravo!" Ihzyhur then said some things she hardly understood. Izhaethyx and something that sounded like good stuff. Was it a compliment, or him saying he thought she could do better?

As he noticed Mhyl was confused at his much more complicated statement, he made another effort. "Good job!" Ihzyhur was much clearer in this case, just something good and positive with effort, so clearly Mhyl was being complimented. She returned him a light smile, still not exactly sure what words would be best to give him thanks. As this was making him feel rather awkward, he took her to go see Aelyiq and the wardens.

"Ah, Mhyl, glad to see you back on your feet. You're feeling much better now?" Having Aelyiq speak to Mhyl in Elaethyx still made things much easier. "Yes I am, thank you. How is everything else doing? From what I can gather, I was out for some time, and I don't really know how everything went while I've been recovering." "Ah, yes. I guess your friends are still sleeping, and most of the people around here wouldn't offer you much in the way of details you would find easy to understand." Mhyl's trouble getting information was easily apparent to Aelyiq, who had been rather busy doing translations for the Wardens. There really were so few elves around here.

"Xyithy and Ehryinae were left to finish the rest of the task without much informed support, but they at least had stocks of things considered valuable and documents describing what was considered important. They had spent the days since ensuring that everything needed had made it back safely. The one they had organizing everything for the plans you girls had made.. that guy has been keeping busy trying to sort though everything in the meanwhile." Aelyiq was talking about the smith. A lot had been underway it seemed like.

"From what I heard, the two groups were actually still out there, though this time to store stuff we decided we didn't want. Seems without guidance, there was a lot of room for error. Rhyde had decided that stuff we can't use shouldn't just stay here, because we wouldn't have space. We could try hiding it, but that could have less informed people fall upon the stuff and cause potential dangers, especially since Rhyde himself couldn't figure out what the stuff did. So instead, he had them take the stuff back to the one place we know it could keep doing its thing in. That way too, if we find need for it, we know where to find it." Aelyiq made it sound like everyone's had it hard since the four of them couldn't actually do their job. Mhyl was starting to feel depressed about how much trouble it had caused, having herself being taken out like that.

That reminded her of the terrifying incident. Crossing over the bubbling water, only to be thrown into it. It had only risen to make her fear of water even more pronounced. She had been worrying she would honestly drown, and that time she almost did. She didn't remember anything that happened after that, but it seems she had been saved at least.