45-Historical Origins

Sxeiva's story took place a very long time ago, but began with features all three girls found familiar. And in this story, sunlight once again split the dawn of a brand new day.

Jheiqs was a young boy who had gone through a lifetime of struggle already. His mother, a Wyxiri noblewoman, a friend of the crown. His father, a Qiciri nobleman, who also had close ties with the crown. This was back in a time of peace unlike the present day, where a union of nobles across nations could only be considered a way to strengthen the bonds between nations. However, there were a lot of complications in this union. The Wyxiri prince, now king, had been infatuated with the noblewoman, and had worked hard to attempt to win her hand, offering her a place as his queen. The Qiciri Princess herself had likewise been an admirer of the nobleman, and was eager to give him the throne. Both nobles had however turned down such offers, being far more interested in each other.

The result had left Jheiqs rather distant from both nations, where playing favourites could only make matters worse. As a result, his family had moved to the Magus Citadel, the only place of neutrality where they could keep moving forwards. This however left them with little remaining in the way of rank and status, being more of a visiting foreigner instead of a local noble. It left him without much of the way of lifestyle comforts, falling to the role of a simple commoner.

Back when he was twelve, his family had gone to visit the Qiciri crown, as a sort of festive occasion for the princess. She was in fact going to take up the crown on that day, and wanted several of her important citizens present. His parents had already attended the Wyxiri king's coronation, so this was only fair. However, on that day, a disaster struck, causing danger to the crown family. The building had started to fall apart, for reasons still yet unknown. A local family had risen to the position of hero as a result of saving the crown family, but not everyone was saved in that incident. Jheiqs' own family died that night.

Without anyone explicit to blame for the incident, heat started to rise. The Wyxiri King was venomous, insisting that the whole operation was some ploy to assassinate the couple for their bond, he himself still in love with the noblewoman even after having adopted a political marriage. To him, it was more that the Qiciri hero was the one who was instead the assassin, ensuring that everything happened smoothly and disguising the incident as an overall issue in order to end the couple's lives. The newly crowned queen of the Qiciri did not take kindly to these accusations, herself still grieving the loss of the nobleman.

Tensions began to rise steadily since that day, putting both nations further and further on a path of war. But this was itself not the fate of young Jheiqs. He might not have had any of the other noble gifts given to him, but his blood was rich with the potential of both nations, it was gifted with its own power. And so, instead of going to attend the coronation, Jheiqs had spent yet another day in lecture in the Magus Citadel. The Arch-Magus was especially interested in the boy, considering just how gifted he truly was. The Arch-Magus was certain that, with the right training, the boy might actually become one of his greatest disciples one day.

On the day his parents died then, the Arch-Magus had found shelter for Jheiqs within the citadel itself, becoming a sort of guardian over the boy. He ensured that Jheiqs' education would continue, while ensuring that his family needs were met as best as possible. It meant having teachers in place of parents but it was still better than nothing. This continued a while, until one day Jheiqs was caught being delinquent and starting a fight with his peers. It seems an argument had risen about families, leading to some tension. It was decided after that, keeping Jheiqs this isolated was not doing any good for his psychology, it was instead having a negative impact on him.

So it was that day which Jheiqs was to bid farewell to his normal room and move into the home of the Arch-Magus himself. He arrived late that afternoon, after spending the entire day packing up his belongings. When he arrived, the first person he had met was the Arch-Magus' daughter. She had rushed to help him bring his stuff inside, into a room that had been provided for him. Quickly, he had found himself fully moved into his new room, but the girl was gone.