11-Rascallion Gentleman

The heat of the day was trying on all four women. Having originally adjusted to cooler, wetter climates, none of them were physically used to the difference.

"Qheria, is there more water?" "Lwyn, don't over-drink the water. It will do more damage to your body in the long run." Mhyl ensured Lwyn took proper care of herself. Having knowledge of these circumstances, she knew what to do. However, her own body questioned her logic, she herself craved more water. Mhyl scolded her own weakness, having endured worse on Earth. This wasn't even a desert, this should be easy, amateurishly easy. Should be.. no problem...

"Mhyl!" Lwyn ran to help the fallen Mhyl, who had been pushing herself far beyond her limits. The others were around to assist. "Mhyl, are you okay? Have some water." "Oh Mhyl, stop pushing yourself so hard. Elves can't keep a human pace." Qheria shared some of their water supply. Mhyl was suffering heat exhaustion, trying to do exactly what Lwyn had scolded her for. Thanrie checked the nearby surroundings. "The hills offer a bit of shade just over that way. Maybe we should make our way there and stop for a break."

Everyone agreed that a break would be the wisest course of action. They helped guide Mhyl over to the chosen spot, and set down their supplies. "I've got lookout this time, you two look after Mhyl." Lwyn volunteered to keep watch, scampering up the hill. "Let's hope Lwyn isn't pushing herself too hard as well." Thanrie reflected on how Lwyn had a tendency of being over-protective of Mhyl when it came to elven matters. However, Lwyn was herself partly an elf, and would need to take it easy as well. She let the matter drop, also recalling that posting an elf on a hill made for a better lookout then any human could.

After a time, Mhyl began to recover. "Thank you..." Mhyl thanked them both before breaking into some coughs. "Thanrie, I've got Mhyl here, you bring some water up to Lwyn and make sure she's doing okay too. We don't want two elf-kinds going through this." Qheria handed Thanrie a small bottle of water. Thanrie took the bottle and went to check up on Lwyn just a handful of Uyn above them. "So, everything doing okay up here?" "Oh, yeah, I'm fine. I've put myself through plenty back at the Inn." Lwyn's confidence started to worry Thanrie, in case Lwyn was doing the same thing Mhyl was. Lwyn understood the concern. "Don't worry, I'm serious, I probably could have lasted at least three more hills before falling over. And yes, I've been taking it easy up here too." Lwyn took the water from Thanrie, finally getting the share she had asked for earlier. Thanrie had remembered that as well, and started to calm down.

"So, I've been watching. I'm not sure if you can see, but over there, those are tents. The yellow is pretty smart, given the surroundings. I think I've seen some motion, but it's hard to tell, there might be people there. Mhyl probably would have no problem seeing at this distance." Lwyn passed her report to Thanrie, who herself saw nothing but a tide of yellow. Thanrie nodded, still in appreciation of elven eyes, and made her way back down the hill.

"Something the matter?" "Lwyn says she's found something, though I couldn't see a thing for myself. There is no hurry, but she'll need Mhyl's help when we're ready to go." Qheria made sure to collect Thanrie's report. Mhyl looked up the hill, curious at what Lwyn had spotted. "I should be good for now. No really, I should be more than twice as good as I should normally be now. That should make up for any not-as-good as I might be because I'm an elf, right?" Mhyl's train of thought almost made the two humans dizzy, so they let her go.

"So, what are we seeing?" "Over there." Lwyn pointed in response to Mhyl's question. "I'm certain those are tents, but I can't figure out if there are people there. What do you see?" "Uh.. oh! Yeah, people. Most are carrying weapons. Hmm... OH! There is a commotion going on. Something's happening." "Something good or bad?" "I have no idea, but most of them have that same bandit feeling as from the cave. Maybe some infighting?" Mhyl shared what she could figure out from this distance, which was still much more than Lwyn could put together.