71-Soaring Heights

Just as soon as the commotion had started, everything had suddenly ended. The matter would be left till morning for further care and research.

Qheria still was finding herself deprived of answers. Last night, she had returned to find Thanrie unconscious and Mhyl using her gift to repair the damaged hallway. Meanwhile, absolutely nothing on the assassin, nothing more than being told it was gone. Qheria had been very stubborn looking for answers, and while she had grown familiar with Thanrie's venomous looks in tense situations, she wasn't used to getting something so similar from Mhyl. In the end, she was forced to simply drop the subject.

It took until morning for Mhyl to realize her own accomplishments. She had not only used her gift to great effect, but had done so without having her stamina consumed. She could remember using her anti-matter trick from before, a terrifying concept in it's own right, but one that had taken her out of the fight previously right after. This time, even Thanrie had fallen long before she had, she was still ready to go for another round.. especially if the first round wasn't enough for a vile abomination like that. It was a hopefully over-dramatic extent of losing herself in the moment that she will never find need to repeat, but even taking from it in example for something less.. repulsive.. that could easily have some great uses. Being capable of standing after one of her attacks was novel itself, all things considered.

Thanrie was starving in the morning, feeling like she had consumed all of her nutrients during her rest. Mhyl had even let her know that she seemed to be suffering from a bit of an iron deficiency or something like that. It was at least similar to what Earth would call an iron deficiency, there was nothing saying that it was the exact same idea with Celese. Still, the irony of it wasn't lost on Thanrie, she was pretty sure Mhyl had destroyed so much of the iron in her body last night in their joint attack. Her weapon is an extension of herself, especially the way she used it last night, and that extension of herself was just consumed in an anti-matter void. That, and the whole cost of the process, added to some berserk rage... To her, it actually made sense why she was the one to pull a Mhyl in the end of that. She could only hope that the experience hadn't also taken a couple of years of her life in the process, practically being akin to blood magic.

Lwyn had thankfully also recovered and was resting in her office. She wasn't told any more than Qheria about what had happened, but it was evidence of their abilities that such a calamity didn't even have much impact on her getting a good night's rest. The High-Seer had purified her of poison, and Mhyl had even found the time and energy before going to bed to ensure Lwyn was completely healed. Lwyn kinda felt bad, after complaining about everyone else not being so tuned to present issues, and then having been caught off-guard herself to an assassin she had been neglecting the whole time. Thanrie at least let her know that the assassin had probably arrived with the Rebellion, and had been present the entire time since. It was foolish to consider, and troubling how much else she might have been missing.

Lost in her wonder, she picked up a stray sheet of paper from the table. It was Mhyl's drawing, still forgotten and neglected on the table, leaving Lwyn uncertain where the paper had come from in the first place. She thought back, and remembered seeing Mhyl was holding a paper, had put it down.. and was sitting right around where she had found this. This was Mhyl's art thing? It looked like art, but nothing close to Mhyl's style, it looked like rough rugged uncoordinated lines in the most random of... Lwyn paused, caught half way in thought, suddenly seeing the hidden picture. Seeing the exact same thing as Mhyl had, Lwyn marvelled at how clear the waves were depicted, how much detail was put into the girl and her dress, how much the whole thing somehow looked like a photograph after staring at it long enough. It was like some kind of trick of the eyes, it was pure genius. Lwyn was amazed, wondering if Mhyl had somehow done this.