25-Corrupted Blasphemy

Overnight, all four girls had found themselves blessed with a very good night of sleep. Morning came with all four of them in a very good mood.

They settled on a slow morning today, having had a busy day the day before. They would be doing some practicing, going over a few reports, some of the basic easy stuff for a simple day. Over breakfast, it was especially quiet, mostly because none of the guys had shown up. Actually, it was rather unusual that they would be having no guests even at this time of the day. While they were having breakfast, it was actually fairly late in the morning, lunch wasn't that far away.

Lwyn was practically making lunch as breakfast ended. Thanrie and Qheria were doing weapon practice again. Mhyl was going over some of her reports, especially since Lwyn couldn't actually read it. However, she noticed that there were no new reports, usually new reports showed up overnight. This silence was starting to feel unnerving. Mhyl went to go check on Lwyn, who was just finishing up with lunch. "Oh, Mhyl, can you go find the others? Lunch is ready. Yes, I know, it's a light lunch because we just had a breakfast, but I still made extra stuff so that we could maybe go up to the surface and practice with our new stuff." Lwyn only got a silent nod from Mhyl, Mhyl was already wondering what had happened to the others.

They gathered for lunch, providing a perfect opportunity to talk over some soup and sandwiches. Lwyn was all excited about spending a lazy day, she was already packing the remaining soup in water containers. "So, has no one seen Zyuixqs yet? I know he might just be doing a lot of paperwork, but.. something feels wrong." Thanrie was starting to get worried, it wasn't just Mhyl. Qheria appeared to almost speak of a plan, but she decided against it. She remained conflicted between being reactive to a potential problem and between being rational about a quiet day being a quiet day. Raising a fuss over nothing would just stress people out, silence was supposed to be golden. No news being good news, and the like.

They finished lunch and cleaned everything up. Lwyn got a little sad that everyone had lost their momentum due to worry, even when everything was ready for them to just go and do whatever. That then gave her an idea. "Well, we could always just visit the Marauders? Nothing special of a visit, just dropping in on a quiet day to relax. If everything is quiet because they are off doing something, we could easily just go back. Oh, maybe we can even go to that smith and show off some of the stuff we found?" Lwyn's ability to put a positive spin on things paid off once again, as this was a plan that would just work.

While getting everything together, Zyuixqs and Chyurae showed up, completely out of breath and in a state of panic. Chyurae was obviously more exhausted, being an elf, but there was the impression that most of the exhaustion was due to panic itself. Zyuixqs started explaining first, though Chyurae eventually started telling Mhyl a more collected version of the same. "We've got a big problem. Pack up EVERYTHING you feel is important, we're leaving. Anything we leave behind will probably never be seen again. We have to go as soon as possible, they will be.." "Zyuixqs, stop, you aren't making sense, stop panicking!" During Zyuixqs' confusing statement, Lwyn had been following both conversations, so pitched into the Izhaethyx one. "We're being kicked out. Something big happened." "Yes, exactly. The Marauders have turned against you guys, after the whole incident from yesterday. It was going around while we were out, that the familiarity with Fortress-style is because you guys are being said to be secretly working for the Fortress." After Lwyn's help, Zyuixqs finally got a clear statement completed.

The Marauders, maybe even the entire rebellion, might actually be completely hopeless in this way, that they are so absolutely terrified of their enemy's machines that even the knowledge terrifies them. All four girls were considering around this same point, that with such an ingrained fear, the whole Rebellion would have no chance standing against the Fortress, when they refused to better themselves enough to actually be at their enemy's own combat capacity. While that had some dramatic and concerning long term problems to it, there was now another short term problem. They were losing their home, and would have to find somewhere else.